SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

421 - 440 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
What's the size difference between the V50 and the V70? Significant?
With good shocks and a slightly stiffer rear bar, V50 can be taken through corners without embarrassing itself. V70 with same level of chassis tune feels like a delivery van. V70 is about as comfortable as a car needs to be; but even with smaller seats, V50 is all-day comfortable from coast to coast. V70 is more aerodynamic, and its turbo can be easily upgraded without changing the manifold. The biggest disappointment of V50 is that the turbo can't be replaced without spending thousands on other parts. I still love my V50. If I didn't have it, I'd be all over the black one in Colorado.

686Sport

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
F, man. Buy it for the wheels, and sell the car for 3500 again. Take wheels and tires with you + 500 bucks to swap and I guarantee they'd bite. P2, so would work on wagons and sedans (bore), right?
God made those wheels. Still cannot believe Larry sold his set...

Larry had great wheels.
He sold recently, but why?
IPD is sad.

See what I did there?
Yes, mine were 18"s. They looked great on my beater S60. Thought I might keep them for the 90 but I've got 19" Vulcanis so that didn't make sense. They're a classic P2 wheel, not so much for P1, could work on a P3 I guess. They require a unique hub ring of course which is hard to find. I do miss them, but I drive the 60 with a death wish and a recalled air bag and didn't want to stress about bending them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes, mine were 18"s. They looked great on my beater S60. Thought I might keep them for the 90 but I've got 19" Vulcanis so that didn't make sense. They're a classic P2 wheel, not so much for P1, could work on a P3 I guess. They require a unique hub ring of course which is hard to find.
If anyone is interested, this is a place where I found hub rings for my Volvo V70, S60 and Dodge truck - LINK

·
Registered
949 Posts
Breaking my vow of silence (first post!) to express my enthusiasm for that V50. Other than the extremely high 1 million 250 thousand miles (either a typo or maybe it was their lunar commuter) it looks like a decently clean m66. Am I missing any red flags?
129k Miles. Shown in the pics. Typo on the 1 million+ miles.

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
15,937 Posts

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Looks like the one that was in Cambridge a while back. Guy up there had something that looked a lot like this and then got a MSM 98 V70R and sold the S70.
Sounds familiar I think those corners came from me cause nobody else imports them

·
Registered
15,785 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Marty’s was an xtra cab.
is that where he kept his stash of assault weaponry?
that was one of the best movie series, where each succeeding movie was as clever and funny as the previous one. (and great cast.)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sounds familiar I think those corners came from me cause nobody else imports them
I had wondered where they came from... And I think this one was for sale in Cambridge, and then at some other point before that, so not sure what's going on with it for it to change hands so frequently

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
421 - 440 of 959 Posts