SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

401 - 420 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,567 Posts
What's the size difference between the V50 and the V70? Significant?
The differences couldn’t be more drastic lol. They’re absolutely completely different cars in every single respect other than the badge. Driving dynamics, comfort, build, power delivery, ergonomics, cargo space, etc. etc. are all on absolutely different levels.
V50s are about 177 inches long, whereas V70s are around 185-186 inches.

·
Registered
Aspiring 2008+ T5 V50 Owner
3 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Cargo space is my main concern. The interior sucks I know that.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Talking about Corollas, I drove a friend’s 2004 Corolla the other day - the turning radius on that thing is *insane*. You can almost turn on the spot. Whereas sometimes I need to do a 3-point turn on some three-lane streets, and forget about doing a clean u-turn (an experience which I am confident a vast majority of you guys are well accustomed to lol).
So you want one of these?

$3500, Stockton, CA NO RUST

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/stockton-vintage-toyota-corolla-all/7221874952.html

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Shows you how much I follow the thread. I try not to post things that are old but it is hard when the advert is renewed.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,567 Posts
Shows you how much I follow the thread. I try not to post things that are old but it is hard when the advert is renewed.
Yeah no worries at all - we talked extensively about how the bumper looks screwed up

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,567 Posts
IMO they’re the only aftermarket wheel to have.

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
15,484 Posts
F, man. Buy it for the wheels, and sell the car for 3500 again. Take wheels and tires with you + 500 bucks to swap and I guarantee they'd bite. P2, so would work on wagons and sedans (bore), right?
God made those wheels. Still cannot believe Larry sold his set...

Larry had great wheels.
He sold recently, but why?
IPD is sad.

See what I did there?

Volution V

·
Registered
925 Posts
F, man. Buy it for the wheels, and sell the car for 3500 again. Take wheels and tires with you + 500 bucks to swap and I guarantee they'd bite. P2, so would work on wagons and sedans (bore), right?
God made those wheels. Still cannot believe Larry sold his set...

Larry had great wheels.
He sold recently, but why?
IPD is sad.

See what I did there?
Larry Wheels you say?
https://youtu.be/qmhQoyOf5Cs

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
510 Posts
P2, so would work on wagons and sedans (bore), right?

Isn’t the XC90 a bigger bore than even the rest of the P2s?...not that it matters as you could use a ring to downsize to anything else.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Breaking my vow of silence (first post!) to express my enthusiasm for that V50. Other than the extremely high 1 million 250 thousand miles (either a typo or maybe it was their lunar commuter) it looks like a decently clean m66. Am I missing any red flags?
Never have a vow of silence here, just about anything goes within this thread. Chime in anytime, this forum is for all Volvo enthusiasts no matter what your knowledge or skill set is. Keep the community growing !

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
If it's a fresh ad it's fair game. New shoppers aren't looking at the old threads and, even if they were, an old ad does them no good. Reposts are only annoying if we're posting the same thing like 10 times on the same page or something stupid. There are lurkers who actually buy cars out of here. Sometimes I hear from them. I just heard from someone yesterday who bought a car someone posted here in 2014.

401 - 420 of 957 Posts