SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I drove my 06 R from Michigan down to Nashville to propose to my now fiance. Everything was going perfect until I hit about the 5th hour of my drive -several things started to go haywire in my R. Firstly, I had been blasting the AC the entire duration of the trip as it was about 100 outside. Secondly, around this point in the trip I hit a wicked rain storm that did not last very long, but definitely poured massive rain down for about 20 minutes while I drove along the expressway. Close to this time, I noticed a code and warning on my dash: limited communication with chassis settings. Then, one by one, I watched the comfort, sport, and advanced lights completely blink out. Hmmm. My car was driving fine, but this had me sketched. I arrived close to my destination after 8 hours of driving to notice that the drivers side (mostly) and passengers side (somewhat) floorboards were quite wet. Now, I have researched the forums and found the info on de-clogging the sun-roof. Going to give that a whirl first. However, any thoughts on it being condensation from the A/C? On top of all this, I brought the R in to have codes turned off due to the "Anti-Skid: Service Required" code popping up last week :mad: I am about ready to let go of my R because its been such a headache in the last 3 months, but I love it so dearly! Any thoughts or advice, gang?

Jamie

·
Registered
55 Posts
im barely on here, but here is some advice that will probably help you. my ac drain fell out and pretty much filled up the ds carpet. i noticed it when my susp light came on. i pulled the ds seat out and the carpet, to access the sum and it was pretty much submerged in water. i had to replace the module and have it reprogrammed by the dealer.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Isn't there a module under the passenger seat for the active chassis??? If so...sounds like that got wet

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info, gang. Thanks for the pic rogersampson, that will help a lot. Gonna have a look at it tomorrow now that I have some general sense of what I am looking for. The chassis settings have all gone back to normal. Even the Anti-Skid: Service Required went off (!). Crossing my fingers that one doesn't come back. Shop vacced the moisture off it and checked the sun roof. Is there another spot where the condensation is supposed to drain? Water was mostly on the drivers side, but significant on the passenger's side as well. Could this still be the doing of that condensate drain piece right above the gas pedal?

Appreciating the help. I'm inching toward keeping the R around.

Jamie

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I fought a consistent water intrusion issue for several weeks before I permanently fixed it with some silicone caulk. The HVAC inlet tube under the hood cowl wasn't sealing properly and rain was getting in past it. I thoroughly applied sealant around the tube where it joined the cowl and it's been 2 years of dry ever since. You can access this tube by removing the plastic rivets and lifting the cowl.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Had the same issue, was due to blocked drainage channel which goes from your moonroof!
Had popping lights on 4C buttons and millions of trouble codes on dash!
This active chassis module costs about 500$ in Russia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts