SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 2.9L T6 (edited in per first reply)

Didn't know what this was for, it's at the rear of the engine just above the pan rail. Looks like a barbed hose fitting with no hose...??

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Always helps if you add engine and MY to either your post or to your signature. 4 engines over 11 years.

See by your previous post that you're a 2006 2.9T, hose is inlet for oil cooler, PN 30680930, can see the tee in VIDA and on this link http://www.ipdusa.com/products/6948/115545-engine-oil-cooler-hose-xc90-s80-t6. Coolant from the radiator passes through the hose.

It's a coolant drain nipple, shoulda recognized it right off the bat, broke 2 of them on radiators over the years (in the closed position fortunately).

Got some serious seepage though, either from your filter cap or from the cooler/block interface. Might want to have a look that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for taking the time to make a great reply. (Fixed the MY and engine omission, doh.)

So...nothing connects, that's good...nothing missing.

I haven't put the lower cover back on yet from the shift kit install, so I'll clean the area and check for the source of the seepage.

Thx again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts