SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked over the front end of my 2005 XC70 and there just is not any good place to put driving lights.

The lower grille is actually sealed (ducted) and any kind of rectangular light added there would seem to restrict air flow. I guess I can add specialty lights to the existing headlight assembly but are they hotter, and if so do they melt or otherwise deteriorate the plastic headlight shield?

Regards,

P

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Many options
Here is just one of them:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like the human size termite looking into a house and saying.........."hmmmm, is that an OAK floor"? I'm saying...............is that stainless steel?

Looks good.

P

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I would go to a metal fabricator and get a quote to make right & left "wing" brackets that could be attached to the lower side of the bumper inside the lower grille and "fly" up and outward so that each light is aligned w/the bumper btw the headlights and the lower grille, near where the Euro plate inset begins. Well, that is, assuming your state won't throw a hissey fit about having lights protrude directly in front of the bumper. But if your state isn't all Nazi about things like that the advantage is that the assy. doesn't get in the way of any grille or existing light assy, and that location is probably the most aerodynamic short of having both lights dead center below the upper grille.

Since the higher the light is located, the better it works, placing them below the bumper is the worst way to use them. You could always add a light bar to the roof rails like a real backwoods Power Wagon, too.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Volvo did released auxiliary lamp, ALPHA 175. The part number is 9499 563 and the bulb H3 12V/55W + installation kit is 9166 090. Worth checking these out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts