SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I froze my toes off last night installing a new theromstat and shift lock solenoid. The thermostat took 15 min. and was a piece of cake. The solenoid was another story. I have already replaced the microswitch since most people said to do that first. Figured that I would try the simple and cheap version way anyhow. No avail. I have 12.8+ volts at the solenoid but still no movement. Bought the combonation solenoid and microswitch kit from the dealer and installed it. Errr! Still no workie. I have ~13V at the sollenoid, but it still refuses to move. I did place my meter's negative probe to chassis ground and then probed the hot lead in the connector to verify a good signal. My question here is...is the solenoid isolated from ground and positive signals with a relay somewhere? My positive 13V signal works in conjuction with the brake pedal, which seems to be fine, even logical. Anybody know if the ground signal is isolated or not? I can not figure this out and do not have the patience to mess with it in 15 degree weather. Thanks in advance.<BR>Prospero

1 - 1 of 1 Posts