SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was parked in the student parking garage on the top floor like allways. i park at an end cut everytime and hug the wall. when i came back to my R yesterday i saw brown paint on my car and sure enoug next to me was an oldsmobile of some sort. i almost pooped my pant i was so mad. im sick of schmucks! can someone point me in the direction of a heavy duty car cover????
thanks,
alan

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: not again!!!! (R broski)

That sucks.

Unfortunately, I don't think a car cover would protect you from the inevitable ding or dent that comes from that type of contact. Unless it's made out of 1" thick steel.

·
Registered
719 Posts

i wouldve waited around for the dousch if you had the time and get his info...otherwise take down his license plate tag # and take pictures so you have proof....then contact your insurance and have them go after his ass....

just depends on how bad it was if it was bad id do a police report on em

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: not again!!!! (T5 for Life)

Quote, originally posted by T5 for Life »
That sucks.

Unfortunately, I don't think a car cover would protect you from the inevitable ding or dent that comes from that type of contact. Unless it's made out of 1" thick steel.
Actually the heavy ones probably will

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Re: not again!!!! (JRL)

stop paint transfer at a minimum, then paintless dent removal...

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: not again!!!! (T5 for Life)

Quote, originally posted by T5 for Life »

A trunk monkey may be the answer.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Re: not again!!!! (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

A trunk monkey may be the answer.

this will always be the number 1 solution! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: not again!!!! (ClemsonS60R)

Quote, originally posted by ClemsonS60R »
i wouldve waited around for the dousch if you had the time and get his info...otherwise take down his license plate tag # and take pictures so you have proof....then contact your insurance and have them go after his ass....

just depends on how bad it was if it was bad id do a police report on em

+1.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Be weary of car covers! If conditions are perfect (car is clean and waxed, cover is not dirty, dry day, installed and removed carefully) it will work as planned. If not, you are slowly going to cause more scratches when used on a daily basis.

Imagine dropping a towel on the ground in the middle of drying your car...and reusing it!=scrape, yikes!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

thank you all for advice/tips. first thing i will do tomorow is purchase a luisville slugger
. jk, but it would be nice for someone with car cover experience to recomend one. it would have not allowed that other cars paint on my car (which is now gone, thanks claybar). i dont worry about one scratching if it is high quality and i wash my vehicle at least once a week.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Re: (SHOlover)

Quote, originally posted by SHOlover »
Be weary of car covers! If conditions are perfect (car is clean and waxed, cover is not dirty, dry day, installed and removed carefully) it will work as planned. If not, you are slowly going to cause more scratches when used on a daily basis.

Imagine dropping a towel on the ground in the middle of drying your car...and reusing it!=scrape, yikes!

I agree 100%. If its not clean you shouldn't install the car cover. Just driving it to work or school can get the car dirty enough for the cover to rub all that dirt into your paint and scratch the hell out of it. I wish I could offer you a better solution but parking as far away as possible is the best one IMHO. I know from first hand experience that this doesn't always work. There is always some d-bag that will park right next to you anyway in his POS. I have two dents to prove it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: (FastR)

Suggestion: If you do decide to go the cover route, carry a California Car Duster in your trunk, and use it EVERY time before putting on the cover. I have no experience with covers, but I use the duster on a regular basis on my car. Works wonders http://********************/smile/emthup.gif for actually removing (as opposed to just relocating) dust from the surface without scratching it. Only takes about 2 minutes to dust down the entire car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts