· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
Fake tuning.

Always empty when needed..

True to all of the above.

I know that it is not a 'track' item rather more of a 'strip' item. My thought was it would be a good way to get some cold air to the turbo, for those of us in the south where we get heat soak 80% of the time.

My thought was a 35 dry shot, but since I have been doing more track events lately I was going to go with a better Intercooler and a chip. I wanted to hear some opinions on the subject and see who else besides Boosted had this done.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
I figure a nice nitrous setup could be had for $1000. It wouild be something mild, like a 30-50 shot.

$670 for the kit including warmer and electronic shut off. Plus what ever it cost to install it. These are not that hard to install, the electrical stuff is the only thing I would make sure is done right by a professional.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
stop trying justify it and DO IT!!! as for the wife... sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. One suggestion, if you get a plexiglass sheet and cut it to fit behind the grocery bag holder(in the indented area) you don't have to drill holes in your car and you can take it out when you need the space.

Yea a quick release and stealth are nice features, that is a good idea. My idea was the spare tire area and taking the spare tire out and putting the bottle in when you knew it was going to be used.

How long would a 5 lb bottle last? If this is to work on a track where one could get 3-4 runs at 20-30 minutes each, I would think that would be a lot of nitrogen or CO2.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Do you have a picture? I have a good idea of what your are talking about, just wondering if you could build a cover with the same gray carpet and make it completely invisible.

You are referring to the 5 lb bottle as well, correct?

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
5 or 10 lb. If you wanted to go really stealth then you could build a hinged wall so that instead of having a crevis in that part of the trunk it would be flish with the wall and if you cover it with the factory matched carpet it would be absolutely stealth.

Perfect. Now I have to find a good shop to do a FMIC, anyone know of one in the central Florida area, Orlando, Gainesville, Tampa, etc. (off topic) Time to do some more research on the FMIC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.