SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,470 Posts
Re: (Rangeball)

i have been seriously considering a nitrous kit and here is why and what I think. feel free to "educate" me or correct me if I am missing something...

most of us probably want good bang for the buck mods. If we had unlimited funds, and wanted a bad A$$ 4 door sedan, we woudl have bought M5s....

If you want to mod the R and get a nice boost in power - and you go the bolt on route - you do ECU, downpipe, and exhaust. That is what I have done. And when I run high octane fuel, I have to be honest - it's really pretty fast. Sure, it's not as fast as a Z06, but for a 4 door sedan, it's pretty fast. I really think for 99% of street driving, the car is faster than it needs to be. On the off chance that one of us dared to break the law and race someone, an R with the basic bolt ons is a capable car. BUT - it would be really nice to have an extra bit of power for that occasional moment when you need it.

I figure a nice nitrous setup could be had for $1000. It wouild be something mild, like a 30-50 shot. it would give the car that "extra" it needs to really run with some big boy cars. I woudl think a car like mine, equipped with a 40-50 shot of nitrous would outrun a stock C5 vette....eat up M3s and maybe even run with a C6 vette???

to get that kind of power level with a big turbo...would cost a LOT more money. The power would be there ALL the time, which would be nice...but when one factors in the cost of a big turbo, and then looks at what that money could do in terms of just buying a better car...the nitrous looks like a good deal.

i figure a new turbo/FMIC/dp/ECU - the whole deal - to make a 400+ hp R would be $7500-1000.

I coudl do the basic bolt ons AND nitrosu for half that.

· Registered
4,470 Posts
Re: (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
for an intercooler setup you would not need a warmer and you can have one for much less than 670 bucks. Check out:

http://www.gmpperformance.com/...87693

what kind of hp gain woudl you expect with an "N-tercooler" kit on a car that would make 300 hp to the pavement WITHOUT it? is it really enough to feel?

I think boosted has this on his car.... i wonder if he can feel the difference via his butt.....on a 1/4 mile run with the ntercooler ON vs. OFF.

· Registered
4,470 Posts
how woudl we get an intercooler spray system on the STOCK intercooler...which is stuck in between the radiator and AC condensor??

not gonna happen i think...we'd need to go FMIC and then add the intercooler spray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.