SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im not new to volvo's but i dont personally trust my self completely nor do I have all the tools (flood in dyer a few years ago destroyed them). I am wanting to get a DP and a exhaust and other minor stuff and was wondering if a fellow R owner is willing to help me install them, can either pay in beer, money, weed, sexual favors, bath salt, chocolate milk, you choice. But seriously Id be more than willing to pay if you know what your doing for help, by help I DO NOT mean do it all. I want to learn how to work on these cars what to watch out for etc etc.

List of things that Id more than likely need help with in time.
Downpipe
Catback (if i dont get a custom one welded up)
FMIC

pretty simple stuff for most but not having the tools and not wanting to mess up my precious daily driver id just like the supervision more.

·
Registered
594 Posts
someone help this guy out! not to thread jack, but if anyone in the seattle-washington area would be willing to teach me also or whatever I can return the favor of hooking you up with any tires you want for whole sale...

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I live in NW Indiana and can help with all the above. The only thing on your list I have not done is a FMIC, but I think we could figure it out. I also learn as I go and I just installed a DP and catback all in the last month so it is fresh in the memory. PM me your phone number and I'll text you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome!! Thank you!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I swear one of the FMIC guys even lives by here.. Like in Orland Park or something. Not too far from you guys at all. Might wanna search the forums.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lmfao saleen took the offer for bath salt. but im totally game to meet up with other R owners anyways lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
I swear one of the FMIC guys even lives by here.. Like in Orland Park or something. Not too far from you guys at all. Might wanna search the forums.
I believe races60r (GSX-Todd) is up in that area.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Met up with this guy today. We got his R kelly installed. It went pretty smooth but it would have been nice if IPD supplied quick set silicon with the kit. I worked on cutting my stock fog grill inserts because I don't want to pay extra for precut inserts. Cutting them is very easy with a dremel and they look exactly like IPDs.

We did some pulls together and the cars had similar performance which was a little discerning for me considering I have an IPD AMS intake, CNT downpipe, Custom catback and IPD tune while he has none of the above. I have been in email communication with IPD tho because the tune has been acting kind of funny like not holding proper boost and other things. Hope they can help correct it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts