SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hmm ... Cross Trafic Alert & Auto-Brake

Is this going to become available for previous MY’s?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The real puzzling thing is why we still can't get laminated windows in the USA...
Or adaptive lights. I thought those were legal now. Was really hoping to see Volvo offer them in 2020.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The real puzzling thing is why we still can't get laminated windows in the USA...
Or adaptive lights. I thought those were legal now. Was really hoping to see Volvo offer them in 2020.
All the new Audi’s with matrix LED headlights have the capability, with a software update...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was really hoping for the laminated windows as well. However you may notice that "Laminated Panoramic Moonroof w/Power Sunshade" is highlighted in the flyer as "New for 2020". I mean, why would they laminate the moonroof but not the windows? Seems odd, unless the moonroof is responsible for a noticeable amount of road noise or something...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m hoping the laminated moonroof solves the “exploding moonroof” problem that affects many cars with tempered glass. Our MY2019 we got yesterday has a laminated moonroof.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I’m hoping the laminated moonroof solves the “exploding moonroof” problem that affects many cars with tempered glass. Our MY2019 we got yesterday has a laminated moonroof.
Moonroof, front and rear windshield has always been laminated on SPA2 XC90.

As others said. The enhancement would be laminated windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hmm ... Cross Trafic Alert & Auto-Brake

Is this going to become available for previous MY’s?
It’s available for some older models equipped with certain features. In other words if you have a fully loaded (PA and such options) you’re most probably will be able to upgrade these features. For a fee

·
Registered
898 Posts

It’s said to be a safety thing as they are harder to break in case of an emergency.

Totally agree about the lights, was Audi shopping yesterday and they’ve confirmed the hardware availability on the new cars. Just needs a software enable.

·
Registered
491 Posts
What’s up with the destination charge. That was a huge selling point of osd.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you price it out compared to 2019 OSD, the difference is minimal.

You'll notice options are now slightly discounted compared to 2019 OSD..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Offset with larger price discount plus packages are discounted as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I’m glad I got my 2019 last year. I ordered it in 2018 and there was a price drop so I got $1400 back. In addition back in 2018 everything was a la carte. Going to miss that. My t6 momentum was 53,400 with black headliner, park assist and 360 shipped to my dealer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It’s available for some older models equipped with certain features. In other words if you have a fully loaded (PA and such options) you’re most probably will be able to upgrade these features. For a fee

I have a 2018 fully loaded Xc90 but the Auto Break for Cross Trafic it is not available.

Volvo 2015.5 XC60 T5 P*+ | 2018 XC90 T6 Inscription P*+

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have a 2018 fully loaded Xc90 but the Auto Break for Cross Trafic it is not available.

Volvo 2015.5 XC60 T5 P*+ | 2018 XC90 T6 Inscription P*+
I have a 2018 RD and dealer advised me the upgrade is available if I want it for a fee

I’ll check and let you know by Monday.
What’s your car build date?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Moonroof, front and rear windshield has always been laminated on SPA2 XC90.

As others said. The enhancement would be laminated windows.

Not that it helps most of us, but the Excellence comes with laminated windows all around - at least for MY20 (US). I think it was true for previous years(, but my curiosity is not high enough to invest looking back).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts