SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. Leased my 2012 S60 T5 last week. So far so good. Quick, sexy, comfortable, efficient. As soon as I signed the papers I drove from Ontario, CA to Tucson on one tank of gas. The seats are amazing and the car is just fantastic on the open road.

Look forward to reading posts from other owners and learning more about the brand and it's fans. My first Volvo and so far I'm really loving it.

JQ

·
Registered
647 Posts
Congrats you never forget your 1st Volvo.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Congrats on your new car.

I have the same one and can say that after driving Volvos for 15 years and owning 6 of them this one is pretty much the best one yet.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Welcome and congrats. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just realized two interesting things about the picture I posted. In the background is my old 2008 Honda Fit that I traded in for the S60. Seeing it in the picture makes me a bit sad. I put over 60k miles on that car in just over three years and although it was lousy on the highway (loud, easily pushed around by wind, barely enough power to get up hills), it was fun to drive around town and it never, ever let me down. I don't regret my decision, my Volvo is amazing. But that little Honda will go down on my list as one of the best cars I've owned.

Next to the Fit is an old Ford Taurus. That car belonged to a co-worker who sealed his deal on a white S60 T5 the day I picked mine up. The dealer didn't want his trade, not sure what he did with that car...I told him to donate it for a tax write-off.

As excited as I was about my new Volvo, I didn't realize I got those two cars in the same picture with my new baby. Kinda nostalgic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts