·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there anyone in the area that would be interested in looking at one of these cars for me? I could paypal some $.

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
The silver one seems like a much better deal, IMHO - a year newer, 40k less miles, 18 inch wheels, and the better '06 6 speed automatic for only 3 grand more. The '05 will need a new t-belt if it hasn't been done yet so add $500 or so to the price of that one. 6

I have had both color combos - silver/nordkap and black sapphire/gobi - would prefer the latter at this point but again the silver one in the ad seems like a much better deal.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Definitely go for the 06 over the 05, the 05's were torque neutered in 1st & 2nd gears, the 06 will be much quicker

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,791 Posts
Agree with Wayne and Jim. The 2006 Silver/Nordkap is the best deal of the five listed for the reasons listed. Is it a one-owner car? Is the service history available? Who did the service... talk to them if it was a Volvo dealer. Get a pre-purchase inspection.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Test drove the '06 R from this dealer today:

www.accumotors.com

What a beat up POS!!

Looked at an '07 at the local Volvo dealership. He said it still had the factory warranty with it. That got me thinking, how long was the factory warranty for these cars? What all did it cover?

I have found an '07 with 37K miles for $20K from a private seller. Would this car still have a warranty with it because of the low miles?

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,791 Posts
The photos available of the 2006 show it wasn't that well cared for. All wheels are curbed. The engine bay wasn't cleaned very well.

I have found an '07 with 37K miles for $20K from a private seller. Would this car still have a warranty with it because of the low miles?
The factory warranty for 2007 was 4 years/50,000 miles. Extended warranties could be purchased that are usually transferable.

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
Perhaps condition accounts for the '06's lower price. Usually it's a sign when the seller doesn't post pictures of the seats in their ad. What was wrong with it.

I don't know what was covered under the Volvo extended warranty but you could probably research it on their website.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was wrong with it.
Several scratches, bumper wasn't fitted right, curbed wheels, a/c didn't work, several tears in back seats, and a salvage title.

Just bought an '07 R with 37K on it. I'm super excited! It's in great shape. I'll post pics when I take delivery.

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
Ouch.

Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
What did you pay?

Here's a list of 124 R's. I found the one I bought one state over using this list: http://www.carclassifiedsbystate.com/13/volvo/s60/r/index.html

In the process I found two extremely clean ones in Texas and one in Sacramento, CA that was immaculate. I was only looking at 2007 cars under 50K miiles. These all got bought out under me because I took too long. The one I bought wasn't quite as clean. But it was in pretty decent shape other than cracks under the front spoiler. And they worked with me and let me take my time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
124 R's...? Don't know if I'm clicking your link wrong, but I only get "There are no Used Vehicles for a Volvo S60 R" with the website you posted... anyways his problem is solved, he got his hand on one! Nice purchase by the way...!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paid $18.5 for it. I honestly would've paid more for it. It's the color combo I wanted, dark grey/beige.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Except that is has 17's... ;)

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
pinstripe? take it back.

:p congrats :thumbup:

17's make great winter wheels, don't knock em.

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
Paid $18.5 for it. I honestly would've paid more for it. It's the color combo I wanted, dark grey/beige.
Congrats - we call that titanium/gobi. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts