SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So going through an old UK spec sheet for the 2007 model year that I posted in the V8 top speed thread, I noticed that it was possible to order sovereign hide leather, all black, non-ventilated. At least in Europe.

I'm wondering if it's still possible to get this interior, and what it would take to upgrade a car with non-ventilated seats to it. It seems like it would be much nicer than the "leather facing" seats. Thoughts?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Easiest must be to find it at some wrecker in a country where it was sold new.

Easiest to see if its this interior is the extra "stitch" "sewing" (what is it called in english?!?) on the seats and the backrest sitting area compared to standard leather. Compare it to the second link with black standard leather.
See this link for a complete sovereign Hide in beige at a swedish wrecker. Unfortunately I couldn't find a set in black :(

https://www.bildelsbasen.se/se-sv/V...nredning/Inredning-Komplett/Alla/ID-26894515/
Oh, by the way, that must be a REALLY rare set of seats, manual adjustable driver's seat with the highest level leather :) :)

Black standard leather for comparison:
https://www.bildelsbasen.se/se-sv/V...nredning/Inredning-Komplett/Alla/ID-29419339/

I have the beige Sovereign Hide in my '07 and it is really nice :)

Oh, and are we getting into deep nerding here; the "stitches" or "sewings" or whatever it is called is different on the 2008- Sovereign hide. I have a picture somewhere I can try to upload if someone is interested.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Easiest must be to find it at some wrecker in a country where it was sold new.

Easiest to see if its this interior is the extra "stitch" "sewing" (what is it called in english?!?) on the seats and the backrest sitting area compared to standard leather. Compare it to the second link with black standard leather.
See this link for a complete sovereign Hide in beige at a swedish wrecker. Unfortunately I couldn't find a set in black :(
Yes, stitching is the word. The brochure I linked to does not show extra stitching, but that doesn't mean it's not the seats. And if you have them then you would presumably know! Apparently the sovereign hide is interior code 2400, or E400. See here. It looks like there are some part numbers for this interior floating around the USA? Even though I'm not sure it was offered here?

Oh, and are we getting into deep nerding here; the "stitches" or "sewings" or whatever it is called is different on the 2008- Sovereign hide. I have a picture somewhere I can try to upload if someone is interested.
Yes, definitely!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Those front seats look brand new. I wish I knew Swedish so I could navigate that site a little quicker. Although it appears they have customer service in English. Hmmm. Perhaps this is a possibility.

And by the way, thank you for looking those up! Is that site one place/store, or does it have several junkyards, etc?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for helping me out with the stitching thing :)

The newer stitching with "double piping" along the part where you sit. Earlier versions had a raised piping just like the one on the pic going from the middle of the seat to the outer corner if you understand? I might be wrong, maybe it was introduced in 2009? Forgot to take VIN on the car i took this photo in:

Will take a pic of my 2007 tomorrow :)

Yes, Bildelsbasen is a site gathering most larger wreckers in Sweden.

Jönköpings Bildemo where the black leather is located is the biggest Volvo-wrecker in Sweden!
According to the data its only been run like 6600miles...

·
3,391 Posts
Your only practical option would be to find it through a junk yard as others suggested. Brand new Sovereign Hide leather (made by Bridge of Weir in England) is outrageously expensive. Several thousand Euros per seat section. I was lucky enough to find a set of brand new sovereign hide leather for my XC90 still in the Volvo packaging for $1000. It sounded like a lot for just the leather for two front seats, until I checked the part numbers and found out that from Volvo it would have cost over $10,000! Even though my XC90 does not have perforated leather, I will be installing perforated sovereign hide in it since I was able to find that deal for the brand new leather. It has so many advantages. The Sovereign hide leather wears so much better. It usually has very beautiful detailing in the stitching or has contrasting piping. The Sovereign Hide leather is also full leather, not just leather on the seating surfaces. On top of all of that, it smells amazing! I can't wait to fit it to my XC90. I have already upgraded my S80 to sovereign hide using a complete interior that I bought from a junk yard.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your only practical option would be to find it through a junk yard as others suggested. Brand new Sovereign Hide leather (made by Bridge of Weir in England) is outrageously expensive. Several thousand Euros per seat section. I was lucky enough to find a set of brand new sovereign hide leather for my XC90 still in the Volvo packaging for $1000. It sounded like a lot for just the leather for two front seats, until I checked the part numbers and found out that from Volvo it would have cost over $10,000! Even though my XC90 does not have perforated leather, I will be installing perforated sovereign hide in it since I was able to find that deal for the brand new leather. It has so many advantages. The Sovereign hide leather wears so much better. It usually has very beautiful detailing in the stitching or has contrasting piping. The Sovereign Hide leather is also full leather, not just leather on the seating surfaces. On top of all of that, it smells amazing! I can't wait to fit it to my XC90. I have already upgraded my S80 to sovereign hide using a complete interior that I bought from a junk yard.

I remember you found a set of ventilated Executive seats for your S80. Can I ask how much those ran? And yes, I know those are very rare.

Did you ever post your how-to on adding the massage feature? I can't seem to find that.

·
3,391 Posts
Yes I found a set in a junk yard. I paid around $1000 shipped for the two front seats and the rear seat. I did take photos, but never wrote the how-to for installing the massage seats. It's on my list of things to do, but I've just been so busy the last year or so. These are what the seats looked like from the junk yard when I got them. I was lucky to get them pulled from the car within a couple weeks of it being wrecked.

The key is getting to the seats before they get ruined. I just bought another executive interior with sovereign hide and massage from an S80. In the photos from when the junk yard got the car, it was gorgeous, but they sold the doors and sunroof from the car before I got the interior, so the leather is ruined. I am using the massage parts to add massage to my XC90. I will be writing a how-to on installing the massage components to any other seat, along with wiring, and reupholstering the seats. Stay tuned for that. These are the water damaged seats that I just acquired for the massage parts. The massage pumps are in the trunk with air hoses running to the seats so the pumps themselves were shielded from any water.

Here's an example of what happens when you don't get at the interior items you need quickly enough. This is the inside of an executive that I found at a junk yard a few years ago. Somebody got the front seats early on though.

It's such a shame that junk yards let this happen because in a lot of cases, the interiors can be the most valuable parts of the car. It costs somewhere around $10,000 in parts to assemble an executive sovereign hide front seat brand new. I encountered one junk yard where they removed the seats the day the cars came in if they were in good shape. They then wrapped them tightly and stored them indoors in a warehouse. This is where I got the current seats which are in my XC90. They were from a 2008 XC90 which was wrecked in 2008 with 8000 miles on it, and had been wrapped up in their warehouse since then. They still look, feel, and smell new. That's what everybody should be doing. Especially of the seats are in great shape and very valuable to begin with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts