SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
19" wheel options for 2017/2018 S60/V70 Polestar? 19x8.5 OZ SUPERTURISMO LM???

I just got a 2018 S60 Polestar and am looking for a 19" winter wheel / tire setup given the snow and ice up here in the Northeast.
Tires will be easy enough to figure out, but want to confirm the right wheel size (and even then some wheel brands / models, even within the same diameter and width, will perhaps fit better than others in terms of P* brake caliper clearance).

Someone (TexasV60P) is using 19x8.5" OZ SUPERTURISMO LM on their 2015.5 V60 Polestar.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?545642-19x8-5-OZ-SUPERTURISMO-LM
Do these particular OZ wheels above need any separate hub-centric rings / spacers or other parts in order for the wheel to fit on the 2017 / 2018 S60/V70Polestar? I would prefer a wheel that fits out of the box without needing extra parts which a dealer or tire / wheels shop may forget to put on.
Do they clear the brake calipers on the 2017/2018 models? I assume the 2015.5 had smaller brake calipers and these OZ SuperTurismo LM 19X8.5 wheels may not fit the later models?

Aside from the wheels above (assuming they work with newer P* models), are there any other 19" (non OEM) wheels which work well with the 2017/2018 S60/V70 Polestar?
Hoping others who have tried non Polestar 19" wheels / 19" non stock width wheels (19X8.5" vs 19X8" OEM) can comment.
Want to be sure the fit is good and the calipers are safely cleared...

Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

I know these fit as they clear my polestar brakes easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. Which year P* do you have?
Do the older 2015.5 e.g. Polestars have smaller brake calipers than some of the newer year models? If they are the same, it would make it easier as I may be able to find some old Polestar thread posts and then won't have to worry which year (and which brake setup) the wheel recommendations were based on.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I am guessing the ET35 offset will really cause rubbing on the inner fender liners. I have ET45 offset on my winter wheels and they are just barely get by with no rubbing. It has been discussed a lot that anything less than a ET45 offset will pose rubbing issues. And no, all Polestar brakes are the same size. FYI, the OEM Polestar wheels have a ET53. "Most" 19" wheels will clear the front Brembo calipers and of course you don't have to worry about rear caliper clearance, there are maybe a few 19" wheels that might have an issue of their spokes possibly hitting the front caliper so it might be a good idea to verify the fit.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks a lot for the recommendation. Which year P* do you have?
Do the older 2015.5 e.g. Polestars have smaller brakes / brake calipers than some of the newer year models?)
I don’t have a polestar but I have polestar brakes on my V60. They are from a newer polestar as I have the slotted rotors too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t have a polestar but I have polestar brakes on my V60. They are from a newer polestar as I have the slotted rotors too.

Thanks for confirming.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I am guessing the ET35 offset will really cause rubbing. I have ET45 offset on my winter wheels and they are just barely get by with no rubbing. It has been discussed a lot that anything less than a ET45 offset will pose rubbing issues. And no, all Polestar brakes are the same size. FYI, the OEM Polestar wheels have a ET53.
Thanks for confirming brake (caliper) size is the same. That helps.

Re offset: Yes, I noticed the ET53 offset for OEM wheels and had noticed last week that tirerack only has ET45 wheels in 19X8.5
In 19X8 they have ET45 (and ET42 which is even further from the ET53 OEM wheel offset).

That leads me to rim width:
Of the following (both with an offset of ET45), which rim WIDTH would be better for the P*? 8 inches or 8.5 inches?
19X8.5 ET45
19X8 ET45

Would be interesting to see which combinations of rim and tire sizes (especially tire AND rim width combos) people are using with their Polestars.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I used 8.5” width and my cars lower than a polestar and I only get slight rubbing in the rear over big bumps.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks for confirming brake (caliper) size is the same. That helps.

Re offset: Yes, I noticed the ET53 offset for OEM wheels and had noticed last week that tirerack only has ET45 wheels in 19X8.5
In 19X8 they have ET45 (and ET42 which is even further from the ET53 OEM wheel offset).

That leads me to rim width:
Of the following (both with an offset of ET45), which rim WIDTH would be better for the P*? 8 inches or 8.5 inches?
19X8.5 ET45
19X8 ET45

Would be interesting to see which combinations of rim and tire sizes (especially tire AND rim width combos) people are using with their Polestars.
I use 19 x 8.5 ET45 with no rubbing but I also used a grinder and removed about 1-2mm off the plastic inner lip to ensure no rubbing. So far no rubbing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use 19 x 8.5 ET45 with no rubbing but I also used a grinder and removed about 1-2mm off the plastic inner lip to ensure no rubbing. So far no rubbing.

Thanks!
I prefer not to do any grinding, so hopefully I can find a safe fit.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...Wheel-Thread&p=7094033&viewfull=1#post7094033

I guess 19X8 ET45 would be safe with no need to grind, so long as the tire is also not too wide?

Maybe this combo:
Wheel size = 19 X 8 ET45 (better than 19X8.5 ET 45 right?)
and
Tire size = 225 / 45 R19
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...ct2=45&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8&offset2=45

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks!

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...Wheel-Thread&p=7094033&viewfull=1#post7094033

I guess 19X8 ET45 would be safe with no need to grind, so long as the tire is also not too wide?

Maybe this combo:
and
Tire size = 225 / 45 R19
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...ct2=45&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8&offset2=45
Do not use 45 profile tires on 19 inch. The larger overall diameter will cause speedometer issues among other things. Use the official 19 inch tire size (235/40R19) or this calculator.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks!

Maybe this combo:
and
Tire size = 225 / 45 R19
That’s my s60 on the winter thread. As you can see the wheels clear the brakes with no issues. Also with the 8.5” wheel I went 245/40/19

·
Registered
271 Posts
A few things of interest;

Momo Spider 19" wheels with 235/40 TOYO snow tyres just about fit with minimal clearance on my 2016 V60 Polestar

The MOMO wheel resistance to corrosion is very poor indeed. Laquer lifting and corrosion with less than 2 months use in January and February. VERY disappointing. Don't buy them for winter wheels ( or at all) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ( OEM Volvo wheels OK at 3+ years old)

Sets of (4) genuine Polestar 19" wheels regularly appear on Ebay UK for around £650; maybe USD 1.000 with shipping and import costs.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Thanks!

Maybe this combo:
and
Tire size = 225 / 45 R19
That should work but like I recommended in another thread you really need to look at the section width and tread width for each tire you are considering as there is a fair amount of difference specific tire to tire even though they all may have technically the same measurements. Spend some time perusing Tirerack.com, it's all there. I created a spreadsheet for my next tire purchase to make sure I have no rub next time.

I have 235/40R19's on 19X8.5 45 offset wheels and get slight rub because by dumb luck I picked a winter tire that is about the widest one made for that size, lol. Next time around I plan on getting 225/45R19 as they have less speedo error than the recommended 235/40R19, believe it or not.

Tirerack did sell a 48 offset wheel for a time but I missed out. Other option is wait around for a used Polestar set to pop up for sale, then at least you are guaranteed perfect fitment.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I just got a 2018 S60 Polestar and am looking for a 19" winter wheel / tire setup given the snow and ice up here in the Northeast.
Tires will be easy enough to figure out, but want to confirm the right wheel size (and even then some wheel brands / models, even within the same diameter and width, will perhaps fit better than others in terms of P* brake caliper clearance).

Someone (TexasV60P) is using 19x8.5" OZ SUPERTURISMO LM on their 2015.5 V60 Polestar.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?545642-19x8-5-OZ-SUPERTURISMO-LM
Do these particular OZ wheels above need any separate hub-centric rings / spacers or other parts in order for the wheel to fit on the 2017 / 2018 S60/V70Polestar? I would prefer a wheel that fits out of the box without needing extra parts which a dealer or tire / wheels shop may forget to put on.
Do they clear the brake calipers on the 2017/2018 models? I assume the 2015.5 had smaller brake calipers and these OZ SuperTurismo LM 19X8.5 wheels may not fit the later models?

Aside from the wheels above (assuming they work with newer P* models), are there any other 19" (non OEM) wheels which work well with the 2017/2018 S60/V70 Polestar?
Hoping others who have tried non Polestar 19" wheels / 19" non stock width wheels (19X8.5" vs 19X8" OEM) can comment.
Want to be sure the fit is good and the calipers are safely cleared...

Thanks!
The OZ wheels came with hub-centric rings "attached" to the wheels. No spacers required. I can't imagine the Polestar brake calipers on newer Polestars are bigger than mine.

·
Registered
271 Posts
A few things of interest;

Momo Spider 19" wheels with 235/40 TOYO snow tyres just about fit with minimal clearance on my 2016 V60 Polestar

The MOMO wheel resistance to corrosion is very poor indeed. Laquer lifting and corrosion with less than 2 months use in January and February. VERY disappointing. Don't buy them for winter wheels ( or at all) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ( OEM Volvo wheels OK at 3+ years old)

Sets of (4) genuine Polestar 19" wheels regularly appear on Ebay UK for around £650; maybe USD 1.000 with shipping and import costs.
As of tonight 2 sets of 19" Polestar rims for sale at £650. on Ebay UK, by a trusted seller. If I didn't have the Momos ( and/ or a nagging wife !) I'd snap up a set !

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all! I will try to reply individually but was out all day yesterday and then yet another crazy day at work today.

Going to do some research tonight if possible, although I have not had a chance to unwind much from the work day.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
As of tonight 2 sets of 19" Polestar rims for sale at £650. on Ebay UK, by a trusted seller. If I didn't have the Momos ( and/ or a nagging wife !) I'd snap up a set !
Thanks!
Wondering if his eBay account has been hacked perhaps? Price seems amazing, although shipping to the US is not listed (listing says to contact seller for options).
His feedback listings are private, so I can't see if he sold wheels in the past / has any feedback on those sales.

I read some posts about some polestar 19" wheels not fitting over the Polerstar Brembo / big brakes.
How can one tell which 19" Polestar wheels work for S60/V70 Polestar cars and which so-called 19" Polestar wheels will not clear the brakes?
For example:
https://www.vivaperformance.com/polestar-performance-19-wheel-and-tire-kit-volvo-s60-v60/
"This Wheel and Tire Kit is designed for cars with R-design sports chassis or Polestar sports chassis. It will not clear the Polestar S60 and Polestar V60 Big Brake Kit."

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Thanks!
Wondering if his eBay account has been hacked perhaps? Price seems amazing, although shipping to the US is not listed (listing says to contact seller for options).
His feedback listings are private, so I can't see if he sold wheels in the past / has any feedback on those sales.

I read some posts about some polestar 19" wheels not fitting over the Polerstar Brembo / big brakes.
How can one tell which 19" Polestar wheels work for S60/V70 Polestar cars and which so-called 19" Polestar wheels will not clear the brakes?
For example:
https://www.vivaperformance.com/polestar-performance-19-wheel-and-tire-kit-volvo-s60-v60/
"This Wheel and Tire Kit is designed for cars with R-design sports chassis or Polestar sports chassis. It will not clear the Polestar S60 and Polestar V60 Big Brake Kit."
Just research the forum here. There is a different part number for the 19" Polestar wheels that fit our cars. Member myvolvodream has them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts