SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'16 XC70, '06 V70R, '99 LR Discovery 1, '96 + '94 LC FZJ80, '88 XR4Ti, '78 Saab 99, '70 LR Series 2A
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of Non Lowering Performance Springs for V70R?

I'm a big fan of dual rate, and run on other race and performance cars, but cannot find anything for R that doesn't drop more than .5" I've checked most of the big names already: King, H&R, Ebach, Dobinson...

TIA

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
TME through Viva would be your best bet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
^Seconded. Just be prepared for a long wait. Ordered mine 5 weeks ago and i'm still waiting.

·
Registered
947 Posts
TME is going to be a drop (~1"?) but they're ride quality is much better than anything else out there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I’ve driven R’s with Eibachs, KW’s, BC’s, and TME’s. KW’s are by far the best.
I have TME’s on my S60R and they’re my second favorite. They’re not a huge drop and feel comparable to stock 4c springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of the KW's on the V70R. The ride was overly harsh (adjusted to softest setting). New 4Cs with TMEs on sport mode feels better to me.

·
Registered
'16 XC70, '06 V70R, '99 LR Discovery 1, '96 + '94 LC FZJ80, '88 XR4Ti, '78 Saab 99, '70 LR Series 2A
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, I'll look int o the TMEs a bit more. Perhaps add back in some hight with with some spring shims.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of the KW's on the V70R. The ride was overly harsh (adjusted to softest setting). New 4Cs with TMEs on sport mode feels better to me.
Maybe there was something wrong with your KWs?

I went from brand new 4C+TMEs to KWs. Waaaay more comfortable on the KWs. The 4Cs would crash over bumps, the KWs dampen it a bit more. I have the settings fairly stiff, the car reacts to changes in the road far more. However, hitting actual bumps, it's far softer than the 4C setup that I had.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok cool! Sorry for delay, need to activate email notifications. I'll email you tomorrow if you still have a set

1 - 10 of 10 Posts