SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1346 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Any points on your license/insurance for that? I'd pay that, too, if not lol.

I remember a guy who used to be a regular on here from Wyoming who would do like 130 to go to the grocery store
What is the speed limiter on our P80's ? I do go to WY from time to time but don't have the balls to attempt 130 for financial and safety reasons

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #982
What is the speed limiter on our P80's ? I do go to WY from time to time but don't have the balls to attempt 130 for financial and safety reasons
Depends on the car but should be 130 on all of yours. Not sure about normal 850s but pretty sure my T-5R came with no limiter since all the max speeds reached in the reviews were 152-153mph and that was drag limited. I would like to experience that but have yet to encounter a reasonable opportunity. I've never had a P80 over 110.

The guy I was referencing had a P2. Some P2s have the limiter at 130 and some at 155. However, compared to P80, P2 feels numb and boring no matter how fast you go. I haven't maxed my S60 but I have happened across a couple of essentially closed courses to play on and it was very boring. It didn't seem to be an experience worth putting any effort into having.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,551 Posts
I haven't maxed my S60 but I have happened across a couple of essentially closed courses to play on and it was very boring. It didn't seem to be an experience worth putting any effort into having.
They’re boring at high speeds because they’re made for it (regular high speed autobahn cruising) unlike P80s which are more twitchy and thus exciting lol

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
They’re boring at high speeds because they’re made for it (regular high speed autobahn cruising) unlike P80s which are more twitchy and thus exciting lol
I can attest to the autobahn part. :)

·
Registered
15,449 Posts
On the way to Bowling Green to go to Corvette Homecoming in 95 I hit 120 in a Plymouth Acclaim. The hill was too tempting. I'd say the straight away was giving me over half a mile of view with NOTHING in the way going west, and we were already doing 80-85. Then I grabbed my Pentax and focused a pic of the speedo. Yeah, not smart, but hey - I was in my 20s. Honestly, it was pretty smooth, but loud! I think the fastest I've gone on a rural hw in the VR is 115/120.

·
Registered
436 Posts
AFAIK, not all states share ticket data with all others. That's why I had licenses from CT, NY, MD, and VA when trucking back in the national 55 limit days. Every once in a while I'd mess up and get points on a license.

No 130 limiter on the V50 T5; haven't gotten up to the 150's yet to see about one there. Anyone know what HP is needed to get to 150 in an AWD P1?

686Sport

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
AFAIK, not all states share ticket data with all others. That's why I had licenses from CT, NY, MD, and VA when trucking back in the national 55 limit days. Every once in a while I'd mess up and get points on a license.

No 130 limiter on the V50 T5; haven't gotten up to the 150's yet to see about one there. Anyone know what HP is needed to get to 150 in an AWD P1?

686Sport
Most states do these days but generally speaking, if your violation in one state isn't a violation in your home state you won't be penalized back home. For example, getting a ticket in Florida for doing 13 over will get you fined in Florida.. and if you live in Florida may get you points on your Florida license. For me, with a Georgia license.. Georgia does not assign points until 14 or more over so Georgia would ignore that infraction.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #989

686Sport
Lol one of our customers used to have an Australian driver's license and he'd just use that if he got pulled over. He said they would usually just give him a confused look and send him on his way.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #990

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #991

·
Registered
12,440 Posts
Well that's a crime against humanity.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
15,449 Posts

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #999
Yeah I saw that earlier.

Both appear to be worthy reclamation projects.

981 - 1000 of 1346 Posts