2004 V70 T5M
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
13,479 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I did it back in, March? It seemed more expensive but I figured it was because I hadn't bought lumber in a few years. I do think I beat the major spikes though.
Learned a fair amount about stair & railing codes in the process
got those balusters spaced so the future kids won't fall through I see.

these would dress up ol' blue nicely ( of course nicely priced as well)

Turbobricks Forums

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is a nice 240 for the wife @R-Pow3R3d

View attachment 127562
Jealous of you PNW guys. Hard to find anything like this out east, especially in the southeast. For the asking prices on this and the 940 turbo wagon a few posts back, if those were near me, I'd own one of the two of them by now for sure!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jealous of you PNW guys. Hard to find anything like this out east, especially in the southeast. For the asking prices on this and the 940 turbo wagon a few posts back, if those were near me, I'd own one of the two of them by now for sure!
Yeah it's true up here we have a lot of options however I also find all cars up here are more expensive...used or new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah it's true up here we have a lot of options however I also find all cars up here are more expensive...used or new.
Best lead on a RWD I have going right now is a 92 940 NA sedan with 160k on the clock that might have a charging system problem (seller of course swears it's fine even though he can't seem to start it without a jump even after letting it run for awhile), shudders a little too much for my liking on occasion during the test drive (hoping motor and/or trans mounts even though the handwritten service records claim motor mounts were done only about 20k miles ago), and badly needs a paint job. Granted, I can get it for just as shade over $3k, but the lack of options around here means you don't have much choice to buy a "pig in a poke," as my grandparents used to say.

And wagons? Forget it. Bombed out junk is all I can find.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
1999 Volvo v70r R $2,000 120k salida, co.

maybe the thin air up there in the mountain valley plays tricks on people judgements.
rebel wannabe, or rabble without a cause?
still,....2 grand....who knows

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
4x 18" Leda wheels…Bout to have a truck

If you want a matching, but slightly imperfect full size spare for off roading, I’ll give you a good deal.

·
Registered
850 Posts
hhmmm.
I'm calling it gold.
but to be sure we should get old color blind CW to weigh in!!
Either works really. The one I remember was a 1995 base model 940 wagon in the same color scheme, but I think it had heated cloth not leather. I’d be interested for the reminiscing, not for the color, gold was never a favorite of mine. Same reason why I dig the smurf blue 240’s (I don’t know the official color), same family had one before it was replaced with the 940.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you want a matching, but slightly imperfect full size spare for off roading, I’ll give you a good deal.
I mean, yes, that is the long term goal....

And I found this as another budget project to try:

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
@tonyc's dream V70

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Motherfffff P2 also has RSE? And no one told me?!? The rest of the car should obviously be junked.
It's bluuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
121 - 140 of 273 Posts