SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waited a little bit to see if anyone would start this, but I’ve waited long enough lol.

I’ll start off with my new to me car I picked up yesterday. 1998 Honda CR-V EX 5 Speed. Very happy with the purchase. Has had a lot of work done to it so it shouldn’t need anything for awhile.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
Been too busy third time this week I had to be somewhere at an early hour with a coat and tie, and out late the night before.
Those are not bad at all. Very decent drivers and relatively comfortable. I put 150K on one before I sold it to my parents when we bought the s60 and the XC.
Does it have the little table (floor of the rear cargo)?
I waited a little bit to see if anyone would start this, but I’ve waited long enough lol.
I’ll start off with my new to me car I picked up yesterday. 1998 Honda CR-V EX 5 Speed. Very happy with the purchase. Has had a lot of work done to it so it shouldn’t need anything for awhile.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been too busy third time this week I had to be somewhere at an early hour with a coat and tie, and out late the night before.
Those are not bad at all. Very decent drivers and relatively comfortable. I put 150K on one before I sold it to my parents when we bought the s60 and the XC.
Does it have the little table (floor of the rear cargo)?
Yep and has a (I think rare) cargo cover and rear spoiler. The running boards will be coming off. I hope it will be a good winter vehicle for me since my v70 is lowered now. This ones has had the timing belt done, clutch kit and master cylinder for the clutch, rear main seal, front shocks and springs, ac work. Pretty solid. Bought it from my school. We have a silent action every year to sell off cars that we have fixed over two semesters in to help fund the program. And I won it!

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
573 Posts
Found this 99 V70 T5m on Facebook Volvo owners PNW.
222k miles, blue on grey, R seats. $2500. Not sure of any issues.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vop...5706779?sale_post_id=1211290695706779&sfns=mo

Edit - I just realized this link is to a closed group.

I contacted the owner and this T5m needs a full stage zero. Has advanced timing code p0014 (timing belt maybe?) and he's only had it for 1000 miles. And suspension shimmies... Tie rods supposedly... To me that is $1200 more for a new suspension + timing, pcv ..... These cars are thirsty, but worth it.

·
Registered
16,965 Posts
Come help me move this weekend please :D

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
NICE! That is so clean. This lady at the local Y has one w/ the 5SPD, CR-V"L". I shopped for one (with third row seats in the "L" variant) for about 3MO to no avail, then I bought the SPA truck. Apparently the 5spd w/ third row is a unicorn?

Now, where are the realtor.com listings? (checked SoCal CL this week, and it's totally dead due to listing fee; no 911s, no mazdaspeeds, no s2ki, no nothing. It's like a graveyard)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NICE! That is so clean. This lady at the local Y has one w/ the 5SPD, CR-V"L". I shopped for one (with third row seats in the "L" variant) for about 3MO to no avail, then I bought the SPA truck. Apparently the 5spd w/ third row is a unicorn?

Now, where are the realtor.com listings? (checked SoCal CL this week, and it's totally dead due to listing fee; no 911s, no mazdaspeeds, no s2ki, no nothing. It's like a graveyard)
Never heard of a crv with a 3rd row. Have a picture of one? This one is cleanish, does have rust though. It’s not super bad though. It’s clean for a 21 year old Minnesota car.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
8,786 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
(checked SoCal CL this week, and it's totally dead due to listing fee; no 911s, no mazdaspeeds, no s2ki, no nothing. It's like a graveyard)
Time to start checking Autotrader, Cargurus, OfferUp, eBay, Kijiji, Facebook, IAA, Copart, and so on.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

I can't tell, is this post slightly sarcastic? "I was looking for a 20 year old CRV, but then I bought a SPA Volvo" I like it regardless.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I just was told about the new $5 listing fee on CL yesterday. Is it having a huge effect on listings?

I bet Facebook is smiling on this.

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
1 - 20 of 462 Posts