SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
440 Posts
Re: Noisy Tires - Installers Fault? (steamboatsig)

Quote, originally posted by steamboatsig »
"You can turn all four around and they will face the correct direction. Swap them from side to side."

uh, no. They would face the right direction, but there is an inside and outside to the tire. In his situation, the inside of the tire is mounted on the outside of the rim.

You're right, I didn't think of that. In most tyre examples the inside and outside are the same. I guess the Pzeros aren't.

Kevin

· Registered
440 Posts
Re: Noisy Tires - Installers Fault? (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »

You're confused between asymmetric tires, in which the inside to outside relationship matters with directional tires, in which the front edge of rotation is what matters. Directional tires can be "turned around" by swapping sides. Asymmetrics must be re-mounted.

As was said above, glad you're safe. That's the first thing that I was thinking....it's a good thing that the tires didn't grenade on you.

I'm not confused....,but merely didn't know. Yes, other considerations come into play with "asymmetric" tires, but I never installed a tire that needed to be right-side-out.

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.