SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried tightening the 4 bolts under the plastic covers on the sunroof, and this helps. They seem to back themselves out in less than a week. Anyone else have this issue? I was thinking of trying a light locktite or something on it. Not sure if it will help.

Also, does anyone know how to remove the sunroof sliding cover? I need to get it reupholstered since I left the roof popped up and it rained.

Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Used a dab of blue locktite on the bolts. As for the vanity panel, I believe the whole headliner has to come down in order to remove it. I didn't see a way to get the panel out when I was replacing its spring clip sliders.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I've tried tightening the 4 bolts under the plastic covers on the sunroof, and this helps. They seem to back themselves out in less than a week. Anyone else have this issue? I was thinking of trying a light locktite or something on it. Not sure if it will help.

Also, does anyone know how to remove the sunroof sliding cover? I need to get it reupholstered since I left the roof popped up and it rained.

Thanks!
if the bolts are loose again you need to get the same bolts but 4mm longer so the threat will go deeper. To remove the panel you need to remove the glass and push it fwd. Be careful cause it gas 4 metal guides and can bend rally easy.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
to remove the sunshade, you may be able to get it out from the top with a little force or at least get enough access to re-upholster it

remove the four torx screws and remove sunroof

then you will see something like this

there will be 2 screw holding the guides on the front, remove those then slide forwad, you may need to bend the piece of metal upward on the rear to get access to the screws and remove the two rear guides (new sunshade guides will cost around $30 to replace if you break them so be careful)

i remember there was a hump on the underside of the sunshade preventing it from sliding out completely

but you may be able to re-upholster it in this position

good luck!

note: pictures are from an XC70 but its the same as S60, i replaced the sunshade guides

1 - 5 of 5 Posts