SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the car for over six months now, and I really think that the sun roof is noisy. Just having it closed, freeway driving, without the sun shade closed it sounds like a window is open just a crack..... Anyone else agree or know of anything to do about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Noisy Sunroof? (ignition)

I bought the Volvo wind deflector for both of our Volvos for the exact same reason. Works great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Noisy Sunroof? (arporro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>arporro</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought the Volvo wind deflector for both of our Volvos for the exact same reason. Works great.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>After reading your post more in detail, you may want to have it checked to see if it is closing and sealing properly. Once in a while, I noticed that the sun roof does not close tight on my S80 once in a while.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Noisy Sunroof? (ignition)

I don't have wind sound, and I don't have the wind deflector.<p>However, whenever I open the roof all the way, (tilt or slide), after its done moving, I hear a clunk or thud that sounds like some locking mechanism. You guys hear that too?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My roof on an 09-80 was almost sounding like it was ratching when tilting open. The dealer checked it and lubricated the seal with some sort of grease- noise gone- all quiet. Possibly the seal is very dry and not sealing properly. My car was only a few months old and they told me to stop back anytime if it returns, but it seems fine since the fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts