SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that title seems stupid but before you light into me, let me just tell you that I have the Bilstein Sport shocks/struts and H&R Springs. The reason I am telling you this is so that you know that these are very high quality parts from Germany(ISO 9001, QSI & TUV certified etc.) which is incidentally where alot of Volvo's original parts come from so don't talk to me about quality. Anyways there is this metal on metal almost like nails on a chalk board screetching/squeaking sound coming only from the front left strut. The mechanic took it completely apart and put it back together twice, checked every bolt and still the noise continues. The spring is also "moving" in the seat too but only when I turn the steering wheel completely to the left or right but I am more concerned about the squeaking noises right now. What are you guys opinions on what could be causing the annoying & embarrasing noise? Could it be another componet in the suspension like a bushing or something? I just had the strut bushings/rubber plates on top of the strut replaced so I know it's not those. Any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts