SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has had this come up. I noticed after some really cold days that now my drivers seat sort of squeaks right in mid back area when readjusting oneself. The squeaking seems like it’s coming from the leather or at least that part of seat. Not the back plastic or the sides. If you have the radio on it’s not noticeable and the seat doesn’t feel any different. BTW it’s a Momentum so it’s not the perforated seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
I too just started to have the exact same squeak from my driver's seat. It started about a month ago. Sounds like it is coming from inside the seat, but it's hard to pin point. I'm going to ask a tech to come take a look at it when I drop it off next time for service so I can replicate the squeak.

I have a 2016 Inscription with the perforated seats.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Is is coming from the seat belt receptacle rubbing against the leather seat bottom? You can check this by standing outside of the car, grabbing the receptacle and pulling it toward you until it rubs the seat. Both of my front seats were squeaking and I eliminated the noise by sticking triangular pieces of moleskin to the receptacles where they rub the leather. I tried leather conditioner first, but that didn't help.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Is is coming from the seat belt receptacle rubbing against the leather seat bottom? You can check this by standing outside of the car, grabbing the receptacle and pulling it toward you until it rubs the seat. Both of my front seats were squeaking and I eliminated the noise by sticking triangular pieces of moleskin to the receptacles where they rub the leather. I tried leather conditioner first, but that didn't help.
My isn't the seat belt receptacle. I have that sometimes, but I can just pull up on the receptacle to pull it off the side of the seat to stop that noise. Good time about the moleskin. I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
200 Posts
in my case,i lubed the seat rails and moved back and forth the seat from time to time.
When the seat remains at the same spot for a long period it makes this squeking noise.
so far so good.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Wondering if anyone else has had this come up. I noticed after some really cold days that now my drivers seat sort of squeaks right in mid back area when readjusting oneself. The squeaking seems like it's coming from the leather or at least that part of seat. Not the back plastic or the sides. If you have the radio on it's not noticeable and the seat doesn't feel any different. BTW it's a Momentum so it's not the perforated seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if this would be the same, but my Dash sometimes makes a cracking noise, as the plastic flexes on very cold days. Might be the same kind of issue with the plastic on the driver's seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.