SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is interesting. The cap on the bottom of one of the windshield nozzles blew off. Do they sell the bottom cap you think? I don't even know what kind of part this is. Is it apart of the nozzle?

Good

Bad

So, I get no flow since it's the first nozzle! It all just blows into the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
it's a couple of dollars at the dealer. or you might get lucky like me. my local dealer replaced mine for free in the checkin area without even taking all my info. it was so quick and easy (and common)

·
Registered
397 Posts
The dealer should have one... In case not, any respectable hardware store that does plumbing (preferably air compressors) should have a suitable fitting for probably a dollar tops... :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it just a plastic T that ties in the washer hoses to the washer nozzle above?

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Is it just a plastic T that ties in the washer hoses to the washer nozzle above?
Yes, but the Volvo one has a check valve built in to prevent fluid from draining back into the tank for faster flow when engaged. Pretty sure anything you'd find at the hardware store would NOT have this check valve.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, but the Volvo one has a check valve built in to prevent fluid from draining back into the tank for faster flow when engaged. Pretty sure anything you'd find at the hardware store would NOT have this check valve.
Interesting. I never would have thought that. Do you have a PN? I can't find it on a diagram!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would guess a few units, at least?

Volvoparts mentions following:

This product fits 258 vehicle variants.
Volvo: 13 models, 258 variants between 1999 and 2015.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Yeah - here at least it'd be about $3.00 for the T fitting and about $3.00 for an appropriately sized PCV Valve to fit the line to take the place of the anti-drainback.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I would think any dealer would have those in stock.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ended up getting some from eEuroparts. Seems simple enough. Idk how that happened.

It's not like I put water in the washer reservoir. That's what it seems like though. Like it froze, built up pressure, and blew the cap. Maybe that's a safety feature for the pump?

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I ended up getting some from eEuroparts. Seems simple enough. Idk how that happened.

It's not like I put water in the washer reservoir. That's what it seems like though. Like it froze, built up pressure, and blew the cap. Maybe that's a safety feature for the pump?
Nah, they just blow under pressure. Must be a crappy design.

·
Registered
121 Posts
As the car gets up there in age and you begin to have these kinds of issues, it's best to replace all of the washer components. I recently replaced both delivery valves, both washer nozzles, and the washer hose short and long pieces right up to the plastic nipple that joins with the section of hose that runs down to the reservoir.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Curious, does everyone else get a second shot of washer fluid from near the driver's side headlight after the initial squirt onto the windshield? It's almost a second later, but happens every time.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yup, and its kind of annoying for those of us that dont live in cold climates. I may just unplug the pump. No need to spray my headlights when its 100*F outside and the sun is overhead.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Curious, does everyone else get a second shot of washer fluid from near the driver's side headlight after the initial squirt onto the windshield? It's almost a second later, but happens every time.
Nope, but then again I removed the fuse for those lame headlight washers. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Oh, so it comes out on both sides? Is that what those little covers are for on the bumper in front of the lights? I thought those were for the headlight wipers if that was an option that was selected.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts