SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Birmingham al and have looked at every and all option to get a software tune on my 2005 s60.. Not only is there no one who does this,the only place being recommended in getting horrible reviews for messing cars up.. Hesco.. This is crazy because there are hundreds of volvos around here and a crazy amount of racetracks, road,Talladega,and drag strips..I guess nobody here thinks our cars are worth tuning??.I'm really disappointed as I would like to tune my car,even a stage one, so I can have the feeling I'm not driving a dog that none of the local speed shops care to mess with.. Now I know volvos are finicky,and,not any software tuner can mess with them,but dang ,when a frickin Honda civic,pulls away when my foot is going thru the floorboard,,it makes me want to buy these rice slingers where parts are dirt cheap and readily available.. Chime in here and let's get me tuned for some fried rice!!!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
http://hiltontuning.com/

or Stevo is supposed to be a guru on the post M4.4 Volvos. Get in touch with member "b mac66" here on Swedespeed and he can get you introduced.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
This is going to turn out real bad.....:facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Volvos are different. Please do not go with a local tuner.

Spend the money for an Elevate or Shark tune. You won't regret it and you won't have issues.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Stage 1 tune is just software with stock parts.
Stage 0 is getting your stock car back to brand new parts.

Go right to Stage 2 with at least a down pipe. You can add an IC and intake at any time.

What year is your car? P* may also be an option.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts