SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out why traction control will not kick in on this s60R i am looking at.

You can spin the front tires but the traction control light will not even illuminate. Its almost like the car does not know the tires are even spinning and the rears obviously arnt working. It is not a collar i know that much.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Have you scanned it with VIDA? Seems like there should be a DIM message or at least some DTCs.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the same problem intermittently. do you have any messages on the dash? like anti-skid service required or chassis setting temp disabled?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Perhaps the bulb is burned out, does it go on when you first turn the key?
My traction control light wont turn on either unless my AWD is actually working with no messages on the dash. when the anti-skid message is up, all traction control is off and the fronts will spin very easily with no light. I can only get my traction control light to flash on hard acceleration with no message on the dash and awd on, when its wet or on gravel so I know my bulb isn't out anyways. But for the OP the only way to tell whats specifically wrong is vida.. my vote is AOC pump or the sensor like mine. sounds like a similar problem. Be grateful lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya it could be the AOC does anyone have part number for that ?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well 1500 miles later I have had stable AWD. The car now has almost 27k miles on it. I think it has something to do with sitting for so long. Car sat for almost 2 years before I bought it.

Was scanned with VIDA and it showed faulty pressure sensor but since all VIDA codes were cleared I have had AWD and I have really beat on the R.

I still don't get why I can't get the tc triangle to light up. Quests I'll have to wait until it snows ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well 1500 miles later I have had stable AWD. The car now has almost 27k miles on it. I think it has something to do with sitting for so long. Car sat for almost 2 years before I bought it.

Was scanned with VIDA and it showed faulty pressure sensor but since all VIDA codes were cleared I have had AWD and I have really beat on the R.

I still don't get why I can't get the tc triangle to light up. Quests I'll have to wait until it snows ?
With that VIDA scan result, if your AWD was not working after sitting for so long it might have been the haldex sensor getting pressure buildups, the dem will turn off AWD in that case. If you reseted the code or reseted the battery then the haldex got to default settings and your pressure sensor started working again. If it stops working again after some time and throws the same scan code get the '' AWD Haldex pressure sensor solenoid '' replaced.

I know because i had to replace mine on my R, the awd would be working if i reseted the whole system and eventually stop after a couple of morning cold starts the code came back. I replaced the sensor solenoid and everything was perfect and kept working since.

If the sensor stops working your tc wont light up because it is not detecting anything whatsoever and your AWD will be disabled, OR the bulb is toast.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the AWD works but it still doesn't detect anything. I have the sensor I guess I'll just throw it in and sell what happens

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well the AWD works but it still doesn't detect anything. I have the sensor I guess I'll just throw it in and sell what happens
i would say just keep it stored until the code comes back, it might only have been because the system got pressurized from sitting too long, if the problem occurs again with the same code throw the new sensor in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts