SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But taking notes the old fashioned way is perfectly acceptable.

Volvo Note Pad!

I'm not sure if this is :facepalm: or :cool:

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Haha! Too funny. Who are they targeting for an audience here? The old guy driving his S80 who still uses paper notes?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My father is a long time Volvo owner (his 5th right now) and he's old school (no smartphone and an agenda 3" thick), once he was taking notes while driving and the road became a boulevard...

he went straight into the median when the split started hehehe

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wonder how one would go about finding replacement note pads (The kit includes two note pads that are specially adapted to fit the holder)? Couldn't be more $50 bucks or so for an authorized Volvo notepad, wouldn't want to void my note pad holder warranty. Hahaha

I'm old school to, I have a cell phone but have never sent a text message or used a smart phone. I have a car sized yellow page phone book behind the drivers seat that works well and never needs to be charged.

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to be the same way, until I discovered the handy note syncing feature between my phone and my computer. Now I use my phone for all quick notes, because it's backed up and accessible from more than one source. I used to be the same way about texting, but finally gave in. Everyone from work uses texting as a way to communicate and I was getting tired of paying 20cents a text because I didn't have the services...

Though, if there were an accident: "No officer, I was just jotting down some ideas on my in-car-notepad" would probably get you further (and may start some interesting conversations because I'm sure a cop would like an in-car-notepad) than "I wasn't texting sir, I was making a note." :p

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Hey, wait a sec! what about us leftys? Totally left in the dark on this one...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Oh wow, my android allows me to talk to it so I can take notes or text. Hell, even when I can look down and text at home, I will still use the talk feature.

Hey, wait a sec! what about us leftys? Totally left in the dark on this one...
Hahahhahahah I didn't even think of that!

·
Registered
195 Posts
LOL

I do keep a mechanical pencil and paper in case somebody hit and runs me - that way I can try to chase them down and at least get their plates.

Pencil because I'm not sure how well ink lasts over time through hot and cold temperatures. I guess I'm just paranoid like that...

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I duct taped my iPad to my steering wheel so I can take notes and watch movies.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Please let us know when you will be releasing this install kit for our cars. Will it work on stock and sport steering wheels?

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ NICE! Did you get the airbag app that displays a deploying airbag when the real things goes off?

That is pretty smart to keep a writing utensil for hit and runs. I figure I can catch them and type their numbers on my phone fast enough though. That's what that ridiculously small door "pocket" is for, right? For my phone? I honestly have yet to find anything else that fits in there.
It actually is a handy space (for me) because I hate putting things in the cup holder and behind the waterfall is awkward to access while driving. When I get a call, I can easily look at my phone for caller ID and then answer through the GoGroove.

I will say, there really isn't an ideal place in our cars for an umbrella. I generally man-out the rain and just deal with it, and I keep an umbrella next to the spare tire for when the lady needs it. Where do you guys put your umbrellas?

·
Registered
315 Posts
LOL

I do keep a mechanical pencil and paper in case somebody hit and runs me - that way I can try to chase them down and at least get their plates.

Pencil because I'm not sure how well ink lasts over time through hot and cold temperatures. I guess I'm just paranoid like that...
Just an FYI, pencil disappears over time. I've seen countless electrical panel schedules written in pencil that have all but disappeared. But some of my school work with D's (for dandy right?) are still legible 40 years later....hmmmm.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It can do duty as a digital dash and audio system too.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Installation kit comes with a roll of duct tape and very detailed instructions for 3 payments of 19.95. Operators are standing by :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
^ Just called and they said that it doesn't fit the AWD because of the transfer case. That thing gets in the way of EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Better yet I'll send ya a real Zebra!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts