SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into my car this morning to find water dripping in from the bottom right corner of the glove box area. Nice little puddle on my Weathertech floormats that I thankfully still have in from winter. I don't have a sunroof, but last year a tree branch fell on my car and the body shop had to do quite a bit of work in the front passenger area. But it has rained on this car plenty of times between then and now. I opened the passenger door but nothing seemed to be leaking from there. What should I check for? :confused:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Coolant line Orings at the firewall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
397 Posts
Did the shop do anything with your windshield? I've been bugged with a slow leak when parked with the nose downhill...

I had to change my windshield a few years ago, and now the glue has let go in the top! If I press on the windshield from the inside behind the mirror, I can push it out probably an inch...

I have temporarily fixed it with a strip of tape...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I vote for the windshield, I used to install them and can attest that they can leak in many fun and amusing ways- take it to a glass shop and have them look at it- or use an air hose on the inside and have somebody pour soapy water around the top and right side of the windscreen

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The windshield was replaced, yes. I'll reach out to the bodyshop and see if they have any ideas or if they'll check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
514 Posts
I had a water leak due to the door latch being too far out. Try adjusting your door latch on the body in a couple MM.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did check inside the door but the water was not coming from there. Thank you though.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I’ve fixed my sunroof leak but today after a wash I noticed soapy water running down the inside of the windshield so I’m guess that’s what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts