SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

In a previous post I told you about the 97' 850R with a blown 3rd cylinder. I ended up mating the 850R head to a 2000 V70R block I had laying around. I did new piston rings, rod bearings, seals ect... Now the motor is back together and the car is all buttoned up but no spark... It turns over good, has fuel but just wont fire. We tested all sensors, put new plugs, wires, cap , rotor. We even swapped out the coil and ecu but no luck. Now we are out of ideas. Does anyone know what to do next? I used the flywheel out of the V70R could that interact with the crank sensor the wrong way?

If nothing else works does anyone know of a universal coil I could connect to bypass the ecu cut-off?

If anyone has any insight into this I would be very grateful.
-
Eddy

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
If your crank sensor wasn't right (or functioning or lined up), that could do it. I was chasing ghosts until someone else was able to get this up and running for me.

On that note, I'm putting in another crank sensor soon, as this has been a recurring theme.

It's also possible that you missed some other wiring somewhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine too... i fixed it by...

Check the grey relay above fan shroud. 3 thick wires one smaller, mine split there... Wasn't crank sensor or cam sensor tried everything... Let us know how you make out...

·
Registered
1 Posts
im not sure about.older models, but on late models the main engine.ground actually runs through the bell housing into and through the trans......so if you swappedblocks, and there was corrosion on the mating surface to the trans, you would have a serious issue because the ground for the crank sensor would not be sufficient. Thus is a very common yet very little known problem. Ive actually spoken with Volvo engineers aboutthis, they are very aware of it, yet there is no bulletin out ragarding it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts