SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one has a good intel or at least a good guess?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I am waiting for Detroit show, patiently.
Would see when can test drive a T8 at dealership. Maybe has to be next year...

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm guessing, and it's just a guess that there will be a private press event like there was last year following the Frankfurt Auto Show and then the American debut will be Detroit.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about LA in November 2015? The XC90 was here before it was in Detroit. I have pretty firm plans for the next OSD in Sept - Oct 2016. I need a car to be available.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Not good. It means pretty much no sales in Q1 and Q2 of 2016, and no new cars introduced in 2015... I am loosing my patience.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Not good. It means pretty much no sales in Q1 and Q2 of 2016, and no new cars introduced in 2015... I am loosing my patience.

LMFAO at how entitled people are around here. Did no one pay attention to Volvo's statements regarding new product every year and a half? It's the new S90 for crying out loud, you think Volvo can just introduce a new car as easily as Toyota or something?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Wow way to go about the promise that a new model will be introduced every 6 months! The xc90 was introduced 12 months ago, so Volvo needs to introduce 3 new models within the next 6 months in order to keep its promise...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow way to go about the promise that a new model will be introduced every 6 months! The xc90 was introduced 12 months ago, so Volvo needs to introduce 3 new models within the next 6 months in order to keep its promise...
When did they say that? They have stated that by 2017 the oldest model will be the XC90, and that they will introduce two new hybrid models every year until then. The latter promise they have kept so far, with one new diesel hybrid (V60 D5 Twin Engine) and the T8. They have never said anything about the S90 being introduced six months after the XC90.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
6 months? They said 12-18 months for a new vehicle. What are you smoking? :confused:

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When did they say that? They have stated that by 2017 the oldest model will be the XC90, and that they will introduce two new hybrid models every year until then. The latter promise they have kept so far, with one new diesel hybrid (V60 D5 Twin Engine) and the T8. They have never said anything about the S90 being introduced six months after the XC90.
It has been exactly 12 month since the XC90 introduction (September 2014), and if no new models is introduced this year (Detroit Auto Show is in January 2016), things are not going as planned...just an observation from a very loyal and devoted Volvo fanboy...

·
Registered
819 Posts
It has been exactly 12 month since the XC90 introduction (September 2014), and if no new models is introduced this year (Detroit Auto Show is in January 2016), things are not going as planned...just an observation from a very loyal and devoted Volvo fanboy...
Since we don't know anything about the "original" schedule from Volvo (except what's been going around in the newspaper, vaguely), it's only speculations from our side.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LMFAO at how entitled people are around here. Did no one pay attention to Volvo's statements regarding new product every year and a half? It's the new S90 for crying out loud, you think Volvo can just introduce a new car as easily as Toyota or something?
First off, as a resident fanboy, I take exception to your entitlement comment...on a serious note - the S90 was promised for this (2015) year. We still have to see the S90, V90, XC60, S60, V60 for the SPA and the S40, V40, XC40 for the CPA. With the current pace a statement that the oldest model in 2019 will be the XC90 seems to be "gone by the wind"...I smell a problem...

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since we don't know anything about the "original" schedule from Volvo (except what's been going around in the newspaper, vaguely), it's only speculations from our side.
I do not speculate, I contemplate...and do not have warm fuzzy feelings about my observations...

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
6month a model was mentioned as the goal for SPA cars by CEO. Apparently we need to see if they reach this goal after 4 years.

For now S90 is definitely late. I suspect they needed many R&D people to help resolve problems on production line where not enough XC90s are being made as planned for this year.

But somebody here mentioned someone close to R&D team said they are mostly working on 60 series now. That means S90 and V90 (and their T8 siblings) should be theoretically ready for unveiling now, which I see no evidence yet. Maybe they plan to release V90 together with S90 at Detroit. Then it will be a good surprise.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts