SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I also posted this in the Ask IPD forum)<p>My 01 V70T5M has suddenly lost it's reverse lights, and both rear passenger doors no longer respond to central locking.<p>The mechanisms still work mechanically, and the front doors respond normally. The power windows work on all doors normally. Checked the fuses in the cargo area, they are all okay.<p>I was looking to see if perhaps it's a bad ground, the manual I have says that the control modules ground to the 'sill underneath the front driver's (LH door) & passengers seat(RH door)'. Anyone know exactly where that is and how to access them?<p>Could the reverse lights not working be related to this as well? Or is this likely to be the reverse switch? FWIW, I'm not getting any bulb out messages.<p>Oh, and the gas gauge is stuck at empty; it's not moving at all.<br><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Arbelac at 5:00 PM 7-4-2009</i>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try the quick-reset method with your key: lock and unlock the driver door several times.<p>Volvo charges people a lot of money when they bring in their cars for odd glitches like yours. They turn the key several times and then say "That'll be $100, please."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: No reverse lights & rear doors not locking (Arbelac)

This happened to my T5 about a year ago and my dealer service rep clued me in to this fix. If you can get the tailgate open, disconnect the battery for a minute or so then reconnect it. This will reset the control module.<br>It worked for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts