SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

No rebel blue in the PNW

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  chris@swedespeed 
#1 ·
It is time to get my next wagon. As luck would have it there are no rebel blue V60P in WA or OR. There are some in CA. Is it worth flying to CA just to get a rebel blue one?

I did check and the dealer closest to me is not getting any more MY16 V60Ps.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
ItThere are some in CA. Is it worth flying to CA just to get a rebel blue one?

I did check and the dealer closest to me is not getting any more MY16 V60Ps.

Thoughts?

That is a question that YOU can only answer. How badly do you want a Rebel Blue Polestar?

If you have to ask that question, Rebel Blue may not be a top priority in your wish list.

Personally, it would make it a heck of good drive to drive a new car (especially THAT car) from Cali to the NW.

#3 ·
Do Volvo dealers not do swaps with other dealers? Getting a car shipped from CA to PNW is far from expensive. Remember, a car is a long term purchase so get the color you want. Going a little out of your way at first, will make your experience much better for years. You always do just have the option to wrap your car in whatever color you like just like I did as well.

#4 ·
My dealer shipped in the car I wanted from CA and did not add the transport cost to the price. But I didn't negotiate too hard either.

Not as exciting as a trip to CA, but there are Rebel Blue V60 & S60 P*'s in Utah. I get a little sad every time I see them still on the lot.

#5 ·
Culver City Volvo in LA still has a Rebel Blue V60. I bought mine there in October. They currently have black and silver ones in the showroom. I just took my car in to get the suspension softened...(Factory 10/10 to Rough Road 15/13) and wow, what an improvement on LA's crappy roads!

#7 ·
Rebel Blue is the signature color for Polestar. It is unique and you will most likely not see another RB V60 (P* or R-Design) in your area.

The drive back from CA would add to the buying experience and enable you to break-in and get to know your V60P in a single trip. I just drove to Detroit from DC, a little over 500miles each way, 8-9 hours of driving. The seats in the V60 are very comfortable.

#8 ·
Rebel Blue is the signature color for Polestar. It is unique and you will most likely not see another RB V60 (P* or R-Design) in your area.

The drive back from CA would add to the buying experience and enable you to break-in and get to know your V60P in a single trip. I just drove to Detroit from DC, a little over 500miles each way, 8-9 hours of driving. The seats in the V60 are very comfortable.
Opus007 had commented on here about this but it is now gone, but this is not the time of the year to be driving from CA to the PNW. CA cars are delivered with the PSS which are unsuitable for winter driving. Additionally, even if you did have winter tires, some roads may require chains which you cannot put on a P*. During the summer, this would be a fun trip but not now.

#9 ·
Thank you all for the great advice. As luck would have it the dealer in Seattle was able to get one Rebel Blue V60P from the port. I should have it in 7 to 10 days. Option two was a dealer trade with a dealer in CA.

#10 ·
Thank you all for the great advice. As luck would have it the dealer in Seattle was able to get one Rebel Blue V60P from the port. I should have it in 7 to 10 days. Option two was a dealer trade with a dealer in CA.

Good deal, congrats! Now the hard part that a lot of us had to deal with, waiting for it to arrive!

#16 ·
Just went through Steven's pass yesterday in the XC60 with Blizzaks. No problems, but folks with chains were loosing them and beating theirs car up because they were too loose. People that did not follow instructions and tried it w/o snow tires or chains ended up stuck and getting a visit from the WA State Patrol.

#24 ·
Thank you. The dealer said it was stuck behind a large number of XC90 T8s in the port that were released once they received CA approval for sale.

#25 ·
Congrats!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.