SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 V70 non-turbo just started this issue. It idles rough but when I accel it runs smooth. I also put the pedal to the floor and it take forever to get to 60. The ets light is on and has been for a while but always ran perfect. My codes that I pull is p1017,1021,1026,1027,1031. Before it started running like this I had a o2 sensor fail but I replaced it. The odd part about this is that after sitting 2 days it ran perfect for a about 40 miles. Then when I started it up it did it again. I have checked for vacuum leaks but it fine. I changed all the plugs and checked the coils but all spec'd out.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Mass airflow sensor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Avboden, thanks so much for your help. I have been trying to fix this issue for some time and no one seems to know what the issue is. My question is that I have disconnected the mass air and the car ran worse. I shut the car off and it almost didn't start. I then did get the codes for maf. When I plugged it back in the code went away and started right up but still the rough idle and no power. Is there a way to test it with a multimeter?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
99's cannot run with the MAF unplugged like 98s can.

Yep, either MAF or ETM. Go to a junkyard and get both.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went back out started the car and disconnected the maf and it didn't make much of a difference other than almost stalling and the throttle took longer to respond. I got the wiring diagram but I cannot find the maf wiring. All I need it the power so I can see if it is working of not. does anybody know which wire it the power wire so that I may test it?
Thanks again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I finally found the wiring diagram and how to test the maf and it failed the test so it looks like it is the problem. I will see when I get it in and install it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally received a used maf sensor and the guy I got it from said it worked perfectly and he guaranteed it. I replace it and it still has a rough idle but it seems 10% better with the throttle. I haven't driven it so I don't know if I have any power but my question is that I still have 2 codes p131 and p126 which is 3 less than before.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
from the link I gave you before

P1026/ECM-914F Throttle Unit, Internal Fault
P1031/ECM-9190 Throttle Unit, Internal Fault

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Avboden, thanks for your patience. I did look at that link before and the only thing that I see and I am sure I am wrong but you are saying that it could be the iac valve giving me the problem, is that correct?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Avboden, thanks for your patience. I did look at that link before and the only thing that I see and I am sure I am wrong but you are saying that it could be the iac valve giving me the problem, is that correct?
If you go to the second page of the thread he explains that it was his ETM that was the issue, as I expect with your car. the two codes you posted are specific to the throttle unit (ETM)

P1026/ECM-914F Throttle Unit, Internal Fault
P1031/ECM-9190 Throttle Unit, Internal Fault

More information here: http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/volvos-electronic-throttle-module-fiasco

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You need an ETM
You can't get around this fact so bite the bullet and get one.
Either OEM Volvo or XeMODex

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is crazy. I went to Volvo to buy a thermostat and then made another stop and the car sat for 30 mins and when I went out to leave the car started right up and now runs 100%. I kept the car running and checked the maf sensor and the voltage was spot on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is way late for your issue, but did you get it resolved?

I was having rough idling issues and some problems where the RPM's would drop suddenly and create a jerking sensation at highway speeds after driving for a while, though it would just be a quick jerk and then back to normal. Only once when this happened did the ETS light come on. After doing some research I took a shot in the dark and emailed Volvo from their website, they informed me that there was still an open recall on my V70, so I was able to get it fixed at no cost. So, if it hasn't been checked by anyone lately, I definitely recommend doing a quick email to Volvo or stop by your local dealership, I think it took me all of 5 minutes, because I had to find something with my VIN number on it, and we all can guess how much it saved me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts