SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Is the 'air mass meter', as described on my service invoice, the MAF?

Dealer wants $450 (CDN) for it. :facepalm:
No dumb questions! Yes (with 99% certainty) they are the same thing. Yes they are quite expensive.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Is the 'air mass meter', as described on my service invoice, the MAF?

http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-air-mass-meter-c70-s60-s80-v70-xc70-xc90-0280218088

Dealer wants $450 (CDN) for it. :facepalm:
The exact one depends on which engine you have, but the link you gave is a MAF. The Volvo branded one for a 2.5 engine is $290 (FCP). But they have 10% off sales quite regularly. IIRC it had to be identified (programmed) to the car after installation, which might be part of your quoted cost.

By the way, if you are in the area, there will be 20% off parts at the annual Volvo meet this Sunday at Volvo of Toronto. Starts at 1pm.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2.5T. This is the only MAF listed on FCP's website for the XC90. And thx for the meet info, but I'm in Montreal.

Can an indi shop do the programming or only the dealer.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Programming? There is not such a thing, maf will not need anything else than installation that takes about 2-3 min. You can change it cheaper in different places. Let me know your year, engine and i will tell you which one you need.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Programming? There is not such a thing, maf will not need anything else than installation that takes about 2-3 min. You can change it cheaper in different places. Let me know your year, engine and i will tell you which one you need.
100% right. No reloads or anything .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts