SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer called today to say that they could not install the new angle gear in my R because Volvo had completely changed the catalog and they wound up with the wrong one. Does this sound
to anyone out there? They have now ordered the "right" one.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: NO new angle gear this Friday (Hi Alt R)

Quote, originally posted by Hi Alt R »
Dealer called today to say that they could not install the new angle gear in my R because Volvo had completely changed the catalog and they wound up with the wrong one. Does this sound
to anyone out there? They have now ordered the "right" one.

Actually, that's absolutely correct. VCNA just issued a bulletin today stating that VIDA had mis-matched part numbers for the R series vehicles in the angle gear section. The numbers have been corrected -- this is not your retailer's fault.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: NO new angle gear this Friday (R Salesman)

Does this mean that any angle gears that were replaced prior to the change to the correct part numbers are the wrong parts?

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: NO new angle gear this Friday (R Salesman)

Thanks for the clarification. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif I too wonder if this has any implications for others who have already had the angle gear replaced.

Modified by Hi Alt R at 2:03 PM 3-29-2006

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: NO new angle gear this Friday (ghodge)

Quote, originally posted by ghodge »
Does this mean that any angle gears that were replaced prior to the change to the correct part numbers are the wrong parts?

Thanks,

George

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question. It could be that something was temporarily messed up with VIDA for a very short period of time. Chances are that if you've had the part replaced already and everything's working find, then it was most likely replaced with the correct part.

The old addage that comes to mind here: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." So if it's working, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: (JimLill)

Mine is being replaced tomorrow and I will post the part number used - hopefully the new one!

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: (JimLill)

Quote, originally posted by JimLill »
what is the current correct number and is it the same for 2004-current?

S60 R Angle Gear
Chassis numbers 545427 and earlier: 8603687-8
Chassis numbers 545428 and later: 36000274-5

V70 R Angle Gear
Chassis numbers 593308 and earlier: 8603687-8
Chassis numbers 593309 and later: 36000274-5

*DISCLAIMER
DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT just go into your retailer and try to get your angle gear replaced just because you saw part numbers posted on Swedespeed. It is absolutely, positively, 100% necessary for your vehicle to have an existing problem with the angle gear that can be duplicated by a Volvo Certified Technician in order for your vehicle to receive a replacement angle gear!

Symptoms of angle gear failure:
-- heavy torque steer under acceleration
--excessive wheel spin on the front wheels

If you have not experienced either of these two symptoms, please do not waste anyone's time trying to get this part replaced.

There . . . that's my disclaimer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts