SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming this is done for safety, but I always thought that height adjustable seat belts were safer than fixed ones? When my 10 year old is in the car, the seat belt seems way too high, and there's no way to lower it. Most other cars I've had always had this feature. Seems odd that Volvo doesn't. Oh, it's a 2012 T6, and I love it!

The other puzzling thing is the lack of "no seatbelt" beeping when I get in and drive without putting my seatbelt on. Every other car I've had will continue to beep until you actually buckle up. I usually always wear my seatbelt, but I was very surprised about this from Volvo.

Regards,

·
Registered
184 Posts
You mean in the back seat or the front seat? The front seats have a slot in the B-pillar that allow them to self-adjust. The rear seats are over the shoulder. Forgive me for being a safety nannie*, but your 10-yr old should be in the back seat on a booster. Do you not have the integrated ones?

(*) I really don't want to be one, but I can't stop it. Your kid is probably no more likely to be hurt in real terms in the back seat without a booster or in the front seat. What has the world done to me?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have seen several threads discussing the seatbelt alarm behavior as well. My XC60 does the same - it alerts you for a few seconds if you were buckled up, then take the seatbelt off and drive, but it does not alert you if you just start driving without locking it to begin with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mean in the back seat or the front seat? The front seats have a slot in the B-pillar that allow them to self-adjust. The rear seats are over the shoulder. Forgive me for being a safety nannie*, but your 10-yr old should be in the back seat on a booster. Do you not have the integrated ones?

(*) I really don't want to be one, but I can't stop it. Your kid is probably no more likely to be hurt in real terms in the back seat without a booster or in the front seat. What has the world done to me?
Sorry, I mean the back seat. My 10 year old sits in the back seat, but our laws here in Ontario/Canada don't require a booster:

A child can start using a seatbelt alone once any one of the following criteria is met:
• child turns eight years old
• child weighs 36 kg (80 lb.)
• child is 145 cm (4 feet-9 inches) tall.

Anyway, I agree with you, a booster in the back would be safer. I didn't get the option for the integrated booster seats because it would have meant no rear seat warmers (with the the climate package).

I didn't notice any means to adjust the front ones on the b pillar, but I'll have a look tonight.

You'll be happy to know that my 6 year old daughter still uses a booster in the Volvo, and also when she rides in the passenger seat of my MG! ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts