SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Run ICE for a few minutes and use the residual heat to keep the cabin warm.
Yes, we have been doing that and other things to get by, but can't precondition when in the garage, and shouldn't take a month and a half to get a part to fix a 9 month old car. Also extra concerned that there are people on here who say they have had to replace this part multiple times!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yes, all true.

Mine failed at the 2yr mark, but, at least you didn't have to diagnose it for the dealer tech like I did. I literally had to explain how to test preconditioning because they tried to return my car saying the "HVCH is working fine".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, all true.

Mine failed at the 2yr mark, but, at least you didn't have to diagnose it for the dealer tech like I did. I literally had to explain how to test preconditioning because they tried to return my car saying the "HVCH is working fine".
Yeah, our dealer seemed to partially understand, cause he got a diagnosis code pointing to the HVCH, but we had to forward him this thread to really get him to understand it, and then get Volvo Customer Service involved through Twitter to try to get the part released quicker, neither of which has got us any answer on when we might actually get it fixed.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Yeah, our dealer seemed to partially understand, cause he got a diagnosis code pointing to the HVCH, but we had to forward him this thread to really get him to understand it, and then get Volvo Customer Service involved through Twitter to try to get the part released quicker, neither of which has got us any answer on when we might actually get it fixed.
I have been driving around since September with no pre-conditioning and electric heat. No a big deal until December arrived.

My dealer had 10-20 HVCH in stock early Nov. and one was being held back for me. But on Dec. 14th when my appointment arrived, 0!in stock including the one held back.

My dealer explained that the HVCH was on backorder as a new / designed version is going to be rolled out - supposedly by the end of December. I am expecting February to minimize disappointment.

Running ICE when necessary - similar as others have suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealer explained that the HVCH was on backorder as a new / designed version is going to be rolled out - supposedly by the end of December. I am expecting February to minimize disappointment.

That's interesting, if true, that the part is being redesigned. Both the dealer and Volvo corporate both responded to us today that there is still no news on when the part will be here (neither with even an apology), but no mention of that detail. Good news, I guess, if the part is being redesigned, so at least if we ever get it, we won't have to go through this again. It's December in New England, so getting pretty cold.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
That's interesting, if true, that the part is being redesigned. Both the dealer and Volvo corporate both responded to us today that there is still no news on when the part will be here (neither with even an apology), but no mention of that detail. Good news, I guess, if the part is being redesigned, so at least if we ever get it, we won't have to go through this again. It's December in New England, so getting pretty cold.
If I am tracking correctly, this version of the HVCH would be the third re-design since the MY16 XC90 production rollout. This will be my fifth replacement and surely hope it might be my last.

Our MN winter has been relatively mild so far. Heated seats and steering wheel have been helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a 2018 XC60 T8 with the dreaded "Parking Climate Unavailable" when trying to precondition the car while plugged in at home. It has been into the dealer 3 times with no luck. Now no heat when running in PURE mode which has worked just fine for 2 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a 2018 XC60 T8 with the dreaded "Parking Climate Unavailable" when trying to precondition the car while plugged in at home. It has been into the dealer 3 times with no luck. Now no heat when running in PURE mode which has worked just fine for 2 years.
Sounds like your HVCH too. Good luck getting it fixed. Been waiting over 2 months for a part to fit it on our brand new 2021 XC60, and getting zero response from either the dealer or Volvo Corporate Customer Service. First and last Volvo for us.

·
Registered
XC90 T8
81 Posts
Sounds like your HVCH too. Good luck getting it fixed. Been waiting over 2 months for a part to fit it on our brand new 2021 XC60, and getting zero response from either the dealer or Volvo Corporate Customer Service. First and last Volvo for us.
That's pretty ridiculous to be waiting 2 months. I just had mine replaced on my XC90 T8-- it took them a day to get the part from another dealer and then another day to install it.

Perhaps you could check if any dealers near you have the part at Volvo Parts & Accessories - Official Volvo Parts Online Store and then ask your dealer to get it from one of them? (although tbh you really shouldn't have to do that...)

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
That's pretty ridiculous to be waiting 2 months. I just had mine replaced on my XC90 T8-- it took them a day to get the part from another dealer and then another day to install it.

Perhaps you could check if any dealers near you have the part at Volvo Parts & Accessories - Official Volvo Parts Online Store and then ask your dealer to get it from one of them? (although tbh you really shouldn't have to do that...)
Reportedly, as stated above the HVAC is being designed with a new version coming soon.

·
Registered
XC90 T8
81 Posts
Reportedly, as stated above the HVAC is being designed with a new version coming soon.

I was more suggesting that maybe getting an existing version from a dealer with it in stock is better than waiting 2 months for a part in winter when a new version is coming “soon”.

For a 2021 even if the part fails in the future it will likely still be under warranty and by that point getting the new version will be quick and easy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was more suggesting that maybe getting an existing version from a dealer with it in stock is better than waiting 2 months for a part in winter when a new version is coming “soon”.
I think our dealer already tried that, and says none were available and he had to get one from the factory in Sweden. The Volvo Corporate person I've been dealing with tells us the same thing. Last word two weeks ago was that the part had been "released", but no news since then from either one of them. Neither mentioned anything about the part being redesigned though, so will have to find out if that's the holdup.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I think our dealer already tried that, and says none were available and he had to get one from the factory in Sweden. The Volvo Corporate person I've been dealing with tells us the same thing. Last word two weeks ago was that the part had been "released", but no news since then from either one of them. Neither mentioned anything about the part being redesigned though, so will have to find out if that's the holdup.
My dealer told me yesterday that January 8th was their anticipated date. As I said on another forum, I am expecting 1 Feb. and hoping for mid-Jan. Transportation backlog is now the issue at least in the US.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer told me yesterday that January 8th was their anticipated date. As I said on another forum, I am expecting 1 Feb. and hoping for mid-Jan. Transportation backlog is now the issue at least in the US.
Interesting, my dealer called me yesterday as well to say that Volvo had approved a HVCH replacement and a part was to be delivered this week. Wonder if maybe a batch of these finally got off a ship someplace. Fingers crossed it works... cold here. Should have sprung for the heated seats!

·
Registered
XC90 T8
81 Posts
When you get the new heater installed make sure to post the part number from your invoice. I’m interested to see if it’s different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
At least you are getting some information from your dealer. I again hounded both my dealer and Volvo Customer Care. Dealer tells me he is waiting on Volvo and there is nothing more he can do. Customer Care tells me they need to connect with the dealer to get more information, which is what they've been telling me for over a month since I first went to them after not getting any answers from my dealer. Neither say they know anything about a redesigned part; give me any anticipated date, or offer any other information. Never dealt with such a ****ty experience from any other car maker.

·
Registered
XC90 T8
81 Posts
Any update? Still very interested in the final part number.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Any update? Still very interested in the final part number.
I just heard from my dealer and parts dept (US) a few minutes ago:

… Volvo has now un-superseded that part and are going back to the original because they cannot get the new one.

Either way. The old part number is 31694788 and the new is 32369038.
Once the new part becomes available, then I suppose the new part number will re-activated or replaced. IDK.

·
Registered
XC90 T8
81 Posts
Once the new part becomes available, then I suppose the new part number will re-activated or replaced. IDK.
Interesting. My invoice from earlier this month shows the 32369038 part number. Wonder if I got the new one?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts