SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the PCV breather replacement on my car and in the process replaced the fuel injector filters and spark plugs (BoschOEM). I went to turn the car over and it was not starting. I could smell gas (quite a bit actually) but still no start. I decided to go back to the plugs I had in (NGK iridium) previously as they were still in pretty good shape. As I was pulling the new plugs, all of them had a small black coating of gas, except for cylinder 4, that spark plug was clean as a whistle. I put the NGK plugs in and the car fired up reluctantly and then began to run a little better. Now I think I am having a misfire because the idle is extremely rough. I removed the injector rail and the injector looks ok. Any other ideas?*

I did an engine wash during my PCV change so I was only going to idle the car for about 10 minutes and then change the oil to get out any water that may have gotten in. (During the first 2-3 minutes I had smoke out of the exhaust which I attribute to the water in the engine, that has now stopped. Any ideas on what else could be causing no gas to get in to spark?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts