SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put down $500 when I placed my order with a local dealer and simply received a hand written note listing the options that I want, and that's it! The note was not even on the dealer's stationery. I'm just wondering if this is common or should I be concerned about it considering I usually get a more complete receipt from In-and-Out when I order a $4 burger there... BMW seems to be better organized than Volvo in this respect, once you place an order with them, you can actually track the progress of your order through the factory.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: No formal receipt for XC90 order? (Bert)

quote:

I put down $500 when I placed my order with a local dealer and simply received a hand written note listing the options that I want, and that's it! The note was not even on the dealer's stationery. I'm just wondering if this is common or should I be concerned about it considering I usually get a more complete receipt from In-and-Out when I order a $4 burger there... BMW seems to be better organized than Volvo in this respect, once you place an order with them, you can actually track the progress of your order through the factory.
No it is not normal...it depends who you are dealing with...Everything should be on a formal buyer's agreement form.

Yannis

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: No formal receipt for XC90 order? (GrecianVolvo)

Thanks, Yannis. It didn't seem right to me at the time, but the salesman appeared honest so I didn't question the lack of paperwork. I'll have to look further into this issue.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Re: No formal receipt for XC90 order? (Bert)

I had the same experience, I put down $500 on a Credit Card 5 min before the dealership was closing, he said he would mail the receipt and paperwork on wht we discussed. I figured if there were any issues, I would dispute it with the credit card company. There were follow-up "thank-you" letters, but no receipts. I called the dealership and they faxed me the agreement with the deposit noted. I would demand the dealer give you something in writing.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: No formal receipt for XC90 order? (spideyman)

Spidey, did you get it from Annapolis Volvo? If you have any probs, ask for Pat Wergin. He's one of the greats, and manages that dealership. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

·
Registered
378 Posts
Re: No formal receipt for XC90 order? ([email protected])

Matter of fact, I did. The Internet sales guy we are working with is Joe Moore. I think he is new there. I don't have any clock ticking (like a lease) but my wife is anxious to replace her '97 Rodeo ASAP. This will be our first experience with a Volo. Like many others, I test drove the MDX, was unimpressed (and my car is a '02 TL Type S) I think the MDX handles poorly and the materials seem sub-standard to me for a vehicle in this category. I think the interior of my TL-S is much more luxurious than the MDX. I was suprised. Anyway, I would really like to take the XC90 for a spin..hopefully they will get their first wave in soon!

Thanks for the lead George! http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif

[Modified by spideyman, 12:37 AM 10-28-2002]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts