SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am having the exact same problem except for me it is the maps I cannot update over the air. What exactly did you do to reset the clock? I am getting the time from the GPS satellites.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Happening to me with TuneIN Radio. I have to open Spotify and then back to TuneIN to make it work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sit rep, it seems the new map update v1311 is what causes the issue. It attempts to start downloading OTA but is corrupt in some way and locks up the connection to the download center. Cancelling the map installation and disabling auto update restores the connection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cancelling the map download resolved the problem for me. Thanks! Seems like it isn’t all maps - the NY map (version 1300), and the Mid-Atlantic map (version 1311) didn’t cause a problem, but the New England map (version 1300) paused during download, and I had to cancel that to get the connecting working again. This is with WiFi from my phone’s hotspot, FWIW.

·
Registered
891 Posts
On a side note Something fun for you to know
While installing a map update
You can’t fuel the car.
Fuel door won’t open.

Had to find out the hard way and wait about ~30 min in the station to finish the install and to be able to continue my 300 mile drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont understand that cancelling of the maps. On my is just saying that updates are avalible (maps) and that files are to big to updete with car internet. I did everything but apps install is still always paused and only thing that work is cars hotspot via my bluetooth.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
On a side note Something fun for you to know
While installing a map update
You can’t fuel the car.
Fuel door won’t open.

Had to find out the hard way and wait about ~30 min in the station to finish the install and to be able to continue my 300 mile drive.

ah, god, maybe try update home region only and even nav still works. Updating full map put nav and many functionalities on hold.

·
Registered
891 Posts
ah, god, maybe try update home region only and even nav still works. Updating full map put nav and many functionalities on hold.
Is that even possible to select one region.
I have no clue how.
Was doing ÔTA and since it was a straight drive I just did the install as I’m driving

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Is that even possible to select one region.
I have no clue how.
Was doing ÔTA and since it was a straight drive I just did the install as I’m driving

Yes, you can click one of the map in the list and update it, also can download one or multiple regions to USB drive at home and install them (slowly).

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yes, you can click one of the map in the list and update it, also can download one or multiple regions to USB drive at home and install them (slowly).
I know about the home usb option
Didn’t know you can download more than one in OTA

Thanks for the intel

·
Registered
316 Posts
I finally got tired of being hounded for an app update and then not being able to install anything because it would pause immediately. I visited the dealer and they tried a software update, but it would not install so they had to order a new Vehicle Communications Module (VCM). After that was installed, the software was installed and things are working normally again.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts