SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
12,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the r has no boost and the water temp gauge is not movin. plenty of heat out of the vents. drives fine otherwise.

I tried restarting twice. no idiot lights or messages.

ideas?

· Administrator
12,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: no boost & no water temp gauge (Our R)

Quote, originally posted by Our R »
This post from me will be no help what so ever, it's just to make you laugh.

Maybe it's the mirror covers, the reflection from the sun is getting into your eyes, keeping you from seeing the idiot lights.

Installing the covers, you didn't pinch a wire, causing a fuse to blow, did you?

haha -- you know there were two small wires attached to the back of the mirror glass.

· Administrator
12,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: no boost & no water temp gauge (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »
The engine temperature coolant sensor is bad and needs to be replaced. It's telling the ECU that the engine is overheating, and thus the ECU sets the vehicle into limp-home mode.

I spoke with my service advisor and he said the same thing. Mentioned they've had a few go bad.

Since the windows were tinted and I can't put them down for a couple days AND a certain someone at the house insisted I attend to her to do list this weekend, I dropped it off at the dealership for them to look at Monday.

· Administrator
12,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: no boost & no water temp gauge (bschurr)

sensor is bad- part should be in Tues. AM

· Administrator
12,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Re: no boost & no water temp gauge (R Salesman)

Sorry guys - been tied up all day and haven't been able to post.

The part request was rejected by Volvo because DTC 275C "engine coolant temperature sensor signal too high" has TSB 28-67: VIDA software product number 30677021 (ECM upgrade)

In my case it was not a physical part fix it was a software fix.

She drives like a champ, very snappy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.