SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2006 s60r felt like it was only front wheel when i finally got it home put up the rear end and both back tires spun has any one had the same problem was thinking angle gear. Was wondering if anyone has had the same problem.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
search is your friend. Short answer? Yes.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If the car is up on jackstands, you can always spin the rear wheels by hand because the haldex coupling is normally disengaged. The true test is to get the car up in the air and see if you can spin the driveshaft easily. If yes, read the note above.

Better yet, take the car back to wherever you "just got it" from.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I know someone that can put a new angle gear in for me and that dont seem to be to expensive online...but yeah it is under warranty so ill take it back and have them fix it

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Run away in the opposite direction with your wallet in hand and/or sit in the corner and cry while your mechanic towers over you laughing menacingly with your wallet in hand.
Since I don't drive through lots of snow, and it drives fine, no need to repair it.

Money saved. :thumbup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have done a ****-ton of reading on this since I too lost AWD on my 04 VR. It will only take about 3 hours total to remove and replace the angle gear - while it is removed, the collar / sleeve / coupler that is attached (glued) to the output shaft of tranny must be removed and replaced. If the AG is good then this and axle seals upon re-install are all you / your indy need to do. IF AG is fubar, then new it is 1300 but used units are 5-600. Add $70 for the sleeve (from TASCA) + optional 125 reseal kit from IPD. 3 or 4hrs labor is fair for the total job. So I think $500 for just sleeve and 1000 if used AG is needed would be a great deal and worth shopping for. Otherwise you have a 1 wheel drive car. AWD handles/ drives 100% better in any condition

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Or driving in fields :p
I had to do that once. Being that it was dry and flat there were no problems. Still didn't like driving through the field with the thought of holes and parking it there.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Could be just the collar gear
Could be the pressure sensor
Could be the DEM module
Until you DEFINITIVELY find out what the problem is... you're just going to spin your wheels and waste money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts