SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started the car today none of the audio functions are working..no audio from radio/sirius. I haven't checked ipod or bluetooth yet but I'm guessing they are also down.

Any clues on what to check? Sensus is working fine and I can change volume but no sound is coming out. :facepalm:

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is obvious, but I always start there. Have you tried pushing the power button once? This serves as the mute/unmute toggle.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I would try turning it all the way off holding down the power button (top button on dash volume control)
and then turn it back on the same way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine randomly does this. Everything looks ok on the display, you can change inputs and volume, but there is no sound. Have to re-start the car.

Have asked Volvo Australia about it. They didn't know and advised i take it back to the dealer. I figured since Volvo don't know, how is the dealer meant to work it out!!

Have put it on the list of things to look at during its first service next month.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine randomly does this. Everything looks ok on the display, you can change inputs and volume, but there is no sound. Have to re-start the car.

Have asked Volvo Australia about it. They didn't know and advised i take it back to the dealer. I figured since Volvo don't know, how is the dealer meant to work it out!!

Have put it on the list of things to look at during its first service next month.
Thanks for the suggestions. The problem went away for no reason. It appears sensual is bugged if I'm not the only person having the same issue.
If this happens to anyone again, I would recommend just to restart sensus.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Let's start this hear and now. Sensual as the new SS name for Sensus?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
totally.

It's the first couple minutes where there is a problem with the audio right? Then it magically comes back?
Not exactly. At first there is no audio, then I came back 9 hours later after work it went normal again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've also had that problem. A visit to the dealership and a software update later fixed the problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Totally! It also fits in with that whole Naughty campaign Volvo was running on the S60.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
This is why I don't understand why Volvo won't automatically install any software updates that are available. They know a problem exists yet they wait for a customer to complain before offering the solution. Seems to me automatic updates at the regular service intervals could eliminate possible future complaints, multiple trips to the dealer consequently improving the brand name image and reputation.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
This is why I don't understand why Volvo won't automatically install any software updates that are available. They know a problem exists yet they wait for a customer to complain before offering the solution. Seems to me automatic updates at the regular service intervals could eliminate possible future complaints, multiple trips to the dealer consequently improving the brand name image and reputation.
They do that as part service for life program: http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/yourvolvo/volvoserviceforlife/pages/default.aspx
The bullet item from that page:

Complimentary Software Updates during a scheduled maintenance visit.*

My dealer updated all software at the 7500 mile service. I think the issue is with specific dealers.
And I agree, customers should not have too ask for it. In fact, the service writers should mention
"complimentary software update" will be done. That seems to me to just make good business
sense.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
They do that as part service for life program: http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/yourvolvo/volvoserviceforlife/pages/default.aspx
The bullet item from that page:

Complimentary Software Updates during a scheduled maintenance visit.*

My dealer updated all software at the 7500 mile service. I think the issue is with specific dealers.
And I agree, customers should not have too ask for it. In fact, the service writers should mention
"complimentary software update" will be done. That seems to me to just make good business
sense.
The problem is that some dealers either aren't looking hard enough in their computers for the system update, or the system update just doesn't cover all vehicles even though the update contains a newer Sensus system compared to the one already installed in the car. 2 dealers and Volvo Cars of Canada Public Relations told me that there is no updates for my car based on my VIN because it was already updated at the port. Based on what I read in the forums and if my memory is correct, the Sensus update came out after I took delivery of the car. Guess Volvo either has a huge time machine or the computer system is a mess, or my car is a true lemon.

I thought it was region based as well, but I recall reading that some Canadians got the update for their S60.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
How does one find out if a dealer is participating in the "service for life" program?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The problem is that some dealers either aren't looking hard enough in their computers for the system update, or the system update just doesn't cover all vehicles even though the update contains a newer Sensus system compared to the one already installed in the car.
I think the problem is on the corporate side and not the dealers. If their systems tell them no update is available unless a specific problem is entered what can a dealer do?

At my 7500 mile service I asked for any Sensus updates ( the service manager didn't even know what Sensus was) which might be part of the problem. I got no updates. I then had to go back and complain about my sticky presets and wouldn't you know, there was an update after all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts