SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
playing divx movie but no audio??
Where have you found DIVX videos to put on a USB drive?

I downloaded the DIVX player/converter on my mac, and when I use that to play movies I have, it doesn't play audio... maybe it's a DIVX issue?

Sidenote... Do you have Apple CarPlay? After I registered my XC90 with DIVX, it messed up the display of CarPlay. After unregistering DIVX, it was fine. I'll have to play around with this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where have you found DIVX videos to put on a USB drive?

I downloaded the DIVX player/converter on my mac, and when I use that to play movies I have, it doesn't play audio... maybe it's a DIVX issue?

Sidenote... Do you have Apple CarPlay? After I registered my XC90 with DIVX, it messed up the display of CarPlay. After unregistering DIVX, it was fine. I'll have to play around with this.
i have download divx movie from pirates..i know not the right place.
yes i do have car play which i dont use and i have try carplay after registering divx.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yes i do have car play which i dont use and i have try carplay after registering divx.
Let me know if you get any that work with audio. I have the whole day off work tomorrow and plan to mess around with it. It would be nice for my passenger to be able to watch movies on long car rides!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello bhilmer

I would double check the XC90 manual. From memory the videos will only play when in park mode and not while driving.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello bhilmer

I would double check the XC90 manual. From memory the videos will only play when in park mode and not while driving.

Dang... You're right. Just checked the digital manual on my phone. :( Who's going to sit in a parked car and watch a movie?! I get that it would be distracting to the driver, though.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Dang... You're right. Just checked the digital manual on my phone. :( Who's going to sit in a parked car and watch a movie?! I get that it would be distracting to the driver, though.
Plus - the screen orientation is portrait ... so if you were to watch something in a wide-screen format ... it would be pretty small.

I believe in my previous research I found reference to a DTV tuner being available in some markets ... but I can't honestly say that sitting watching video on the Sensus display would be high on my list of wants. (Now - maybe in the HUD?! Naw, just kidding :) )

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello bhilmer
I think Volvo had it as an option to play while driving but some car regulations made it all too hard.
There is the Volvo option kit to have IPADs installed behind the driver and front passenger headrests for the 2nd row passengers to use. Handy with kids on long drives.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It will stop the video, although the sound will continue, once you reach 5mph.

Widescreen movies don't seem to work the best. It'd be better to just bring an iPad and watch movies on that. Sounds like you're in a movie theatre, though!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just for fun I connected a portable DVD layer today via AUX. Of course it did work. Are there other ways of playing a video on the center screen besides a DVIX movie on an USB drive? I don't think that I will ever watch a movie in the car but I am just curious.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You probably got a bad copy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this issue a couple of years ago with one of my movies. Do other videos play sound? The fix was to change the country from the US to some other country, I think I used Canada, it had something to do with codec rights. Not sure how you would implement that in your Volvo, though. This fix worked on my iPad and iPhone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts