SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove from Nashville to Louisiana with the top down and stereo at high volume. The sound still worked when I turned off the car. I have the stock High Performance Sound. The next morning I had no sound and no radio or cd player function. I couldnt find any info on how to reset the system. My brothers who both had Hi Fidelity Car Audi shops back in the day helped me figure out what to do because I couldnt find enough specific information anywhere. I also ordered a used amp online which I did not end up needing. The amplifier is mounted inside the left trunk liner on the top - side of the trunk. You have to also pull the clip loose that holds a large wire harness located in front of the bottom of the amp. Move the harness to give enough clearance for the thickness of the amp. I had to take off two bolts and one screw which are all3 10mm. There is a connection clipped just in front of the amp that needs to be undone. I pulled the amp out and unclipped all three plugs from the side and plugged them back in. Then plugged back in the one on the outside front of the amp. This reset everything and it all works now. I tested the stereo after bolting it all back in to make certain it was still working and that I had reconnected everything properly. I will ad that I had checked all fuses first as well as connections to make sure they had power. I hope this helps someone. If you need more clarity let me know.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I wonder if just disconnecting the battery or pulling the fuse and re-installing would have the same results. Nice to know that you got yours working again at any rate.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Every once in a while mine decides not to work, then suddenly it does. It is like it resets itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts