SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a youtube video on the V60CC and the narrator said no more V90/V90CC in the US after 2019. Is this true? Is Volvo only going to offer the V60/V60CC in the US after 2019?

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I watched a youtube video on the V60CC and the narrator said no more V90/V90CC in the US after 2019. Is this true? Is Volvo only going to offer the V60/V60CC in the US after 2019?
I think it's only by special order. I'm sure somebody will correct me if that's incorrect.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Huh? OSD order details have already been published, see flyvolvo.
I just read the OSD site and the V90 and V90CC are available for OSD for 2020 models.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Huh? OSD order details have already been published, see flyvolvo.
I just read the OSD site and the V90 and V90CC are available for OSD for 2020 models.
We know that the V90/V90CC are available for MY2020 in the US. The question is whether or not dealers are going to have inventory of the V90CC or if they will be by custom order only, just like the V90 for MY 18/19.

·
Registered
973 Posts
We know that the V90/V90CC are available for MY2020 in the US. The question is whether or not dealers are going to have inventory of the V90CC or if they will be by custom order only, just like the V90 for MY 18/19.
Common sense would dictate they would. How many people will drop $55K plus on a car without seeing it and driving it?

·
Registered
586 Posts
No dealer has ever had a non-XC V90 in stock in the St. Louis area. Both mine had to be sourced in other markets (the south).

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
No dealer has ever had a non-XC V90 in stock in the St. Louis area. Both mine had to be sourced in other markets (the south).
Obviously, small-minded places otherwise they would be stocking and representing ALL models from Volvo’s lineup...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Obviously, small-minded places otherwise they would be stocking and representing ALL models from Volvo’s lineup...
Why doesn't Volvo just *give* one V90 and one V90 CC every year to every American dealership, to just use for test-drives and showing off? Seems to me that this might be rather cheap advertising. Then, when the next-year models come out, convert the show cars to loaner cars for the service department.
If customers don't see these cars at dealerships, how do they have a chance of selling?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Why doesn't Volvo just *give* one V90 and one V90 CC every year to every American dealership, to just use for test-drives and showing off? Seems to me that this might be rather cheap advertising. Then, when the next-year models come out, convert the show cars to loaner cars for the service department.
If customers don't see these cars at dealerships, how do they have a chance of selling?
Volvo does make the cars available. It’s up to the retailer to stock every model, if they really want to represent the brand properly and give its customers all options.

And I agree with you, on the last sentence. If I am a General Manager of a store, not having any or just having “one”, it does not do justice to either the business or the customer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts