SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys sorry for the short notice, but there was a late decision (and lots of procrastination) to go carting this Saturday morning at NJMP (www.njmp.com) . We're aiming to be there at 12 noon. You don't need any prior experience or anything, you just need to have a license, money, and able bodied. I forget what the exact costs are, but last week I think my friend spent $45 for two sessions, renting a helmet and suit, and buying a head sock. If you buy a season pass it's cheaper if you plan on doing more than 5 sessions this season. And obviously if you have a helmet, it'll be significantly cheaper.

I read somewhere that the carts get up to 40 mph. I'm thinking that might be a bit optimistic, but they are plenty quick for what they are.

So far it's me and 4 non SS'ers, TheApache and 2 add-ons. All are welcome and you don't have to race if you don't want to. There will be plenty of people tailgating and talking car/track stuff. I know this is a bad weekend with Easter Sunday, so if you can't make it, don't sweat it. This will be happening hopefully twice a month.

Cliff notes:
Price: expect to spend $30-$50 (or nothing if you want to spectate and laugh)
Address: 8000 Dividing Creek Rd, Millville, NJ
Food/Accommodations: there's a snack bar (and restrooms) right next to the cart track, but feel free to trick one of your friends into bringing a grill
Time: 12 noon
Date: Saturday 4/7/12

1 - 1 of 1 Posts