SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents drove up from Tampa where they lived and relocated to Los Angeles and I need to ship their 1997 850 GLT from my driveway (Demarest, NJ. 07627) to their place of stay atm (Los Angeles, CA. 90005).

I prefer to use a company or service that great fellow Volvo drivers on this site has used and recommend. I'd like to have the car picked up ASAP. Any suggestions is welcomed! :D

Cheers,
Jun

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
There aren't any, really
Pretty much all open trucks/haulers work the same way and will cost around $1000, plus or minus.
Now if they want to spend the money and send it on an ENCLOSED hauler, I have a couple of recommendations but is will cost upwards of $16-$1700 and not be very cost effective!!!!
Neither is shipping it closed for that matter, an 850 is not worth very much these days!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:(
Thanks, Jim. Do your recommended enclosed haulers have open trucks? or are they strictly enclosed?

·
Premium Member
19,952 Posts
My parents drove up from Tampa where they lived and relocated to Los Angeles and I need to ship their 1997 850 GLT from my driveway (Demarest, NJ. 07627) to their place of stay atm (Los Angeles, CA. 90005).

I prefer to use a company or service that great fellow Volvo drivers on this site has used and recommend. I'd like to have the car picked up ASAP. Any suggestions is welcomed! :D

Cheers,
Jun
http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

They have a main shipping point in NJ.

George Dill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Give any thoughts to hiring a driver to take it across the US? $400+/- in fuel, plus a few nights stay at Motel6 @ $45 a night mid-week, some Mtn. Dew & beef-jerky... good to go. I only mention this because I've done it twice for a former boss. Some of us just love to put down the miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys. I just move from Vegas to Miami. I drive a AMG mercedes and these people from AAT did a grat job moving my car. their service was perfect and punctual. Awesome costumer service and price even better.
Hope this help you. See<ya Peace. America Auto Move googel it this way. Bye

·
Registered
2 Posts
helpful info

Hello guys. I just move from Vegas to Miami. I drive a AMG mercedes and these people from AAT did a grat job moving my car. their service was perfect and punctual. Awesome costumer service and price even better.
Hope this help you. See<ya Peace. America Auto Move googel it this way. Bye
hey guys here is the link of the company that help me out. Seya again PEACE:p
American Auto Move

·
Registered
2 Posts
Won't be cheap, but I've used an LA based shipper called A1Auto Transport and they were reasonable compared to some others. Your best bet is to get a couple estimates and compare them. The service shouldn't be much different from one to another as long as you deal with an established company that ship cross country on a regular basis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts