SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: NJ people with Downpipes? (mpdbrown)

I run the Ferrita 3" DP. <p>I used to throw a code for the second o2 sensor. I drove with a check engine light for 6+ months. I added the IPD spacer for the o2 sesnsor and the code and lights went away.<p>I don't have to go through inspection until 1/2011. I am not sure that I will pass at the DMV, but I will bring it to one of my friends shops that will pass me.<p>If you are thinking of running one I wouldn't worry about passing emmisions. There are places to bring it.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
It depends which DP you run, too. <br>I think for the most part, you should be fine. I've run into a few people with R's from NJ (with aftermarket downpipes) and there wasn't much concern.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (phuz)

i know there are places to take it, but i dont want to bother really.<p>hey phuz, were they running yours or what? or someone elses?

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: (mpdbrown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mpdbrown</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know there are places to take it, but i dont want to bother really.<p>hey phuz, were they running yours or what? or someone elses?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I talked to most of them before I even made a DP, but there are 1 or 2 people in NJ with my pipe, and no issues that I am aware of. The CAT that I use, however, is CARB certified so it will even pass California emissions.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: (phuz)

It's an OBD test, not a tail-pipe test. Get an O2 extender so you don't have any codes and you will be fine. The guy that did my inspection my last year in NJ was oblivious to anything about the car and probably didn't know anything other than hooking the car up to their equipment.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Re: (jrgoffin)

I had to use the ipd spacer with my TME DP (that was destroyed) to alleviate a code.<br>The spacer is now on my new 3" custom DP now as well.<br>Inspection is due Jan 2010...<br>Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts